'Team America: World Police' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 10-20-2015, 03:02 PM

Default 'Team America: World Police' - High-Def Digest Review

Josh has reviewed 'Team America: World Police'. Here's what he has to say about the film's domestic Blu-ray release:

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/2349...rldpolice.html
Old 10-20-2015, 03:36 PM

Matt Damon's sculpt was poor. That led them to making it a joke. That's really it. Nothing more.

Any game that features paid loot boxes should be rated AO.
Old 10-20-2015, 04:32 PM

Very disappointed to read this is just the theatrical cut and doesn't even include the extra footage (I think it makes the scene even funnier) in the bonus material. Even worse, they dropped all the bonus material from the DVD? That IS a deal-breaker, imo. I was going to buy this for sure, but will skip it. Just keeping my DVD.
Old 10-20-2015, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twonunpackmule View Post
Matt Damon's sculpt was poor. That led them to making it a joke. That's really it. Nothing more.
Yeah, they have even stated that they like Matt Damon. They just thought it looked so bad that it seemed like all it would be able to say was it's own name.
Old 10-20-2015, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by agentalbert View Post
Very disappointed to read this is just the theatrical cut and doesn't even include the extra footage (I think it makes the scene even funnier) in the bonus material. Even worse, they dropped all the bonus material from the DVD? That IS a deal-breaker, imo. I was going to buy this for sure, but will skip it. Just keeping my DVD.
You know, you could keep the DVD for its supplements and put it in the case next to the Blu-ray.
Old 10-20-2015, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Z View Post
You know, you could keep the DVD for its supplements and put it in the case next to the Blu-ray.
That is basically my plan.
Old 10-21-2015, 11:34 AM

It will probably be double-dipped in a couple years with a better transfer and the Unrated version included. Not going near it until then.
Old 10-26-2015, 07:55 AM

I got the UK steelbook, and as this is the exact same as the UK release, I'll stick with my steelbook.
Old 10-26-2015, 06:07 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by gravis778 View Post
I got the UK steelbook, and as this is the exact same as the UK release, I'll stick with my steelbook.
Not that I care personally, but I wonder if the UK steelbook can be used on the vudu disctodigital app? A cheap way to keep my movie pristine without my mother handling it and getting handprints, peanut butter or other unknowns. Probably could do so at a Walmart if the app doesn't recognize the movie, they won't stamp the disc!