'Avengers: Age of Ultron' & 'Avengers: Age of Ultron - 3D' - High-Def Digest Reviews - High-Def Digest Forums
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-28-2015, 12:35 PM
Attebery's Avatar
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 9,716
Default 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' & 'Avengers: Age of Ultron - 3D' - High-Def Digest Reviews

Michael S. Palmer has just reviewed the 2D and 3D Blu-ray releases of 'Avengers: Age of Ultron'.

3D:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/2099...fultron3d.html

2D:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/2040...eofultron.html
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-28-2015, 01:12 PM
Boston007's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 11,210
Default

I absolutely enjoyed this film MUCH MUCH more than the first film.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-28-2015, 01:50 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 141
Default

My wife and I fell asleep during the movie. I guess, above a certain age you just can't stand 40 minute battle scenes.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-28-2015, 02:12 PM
Favelle's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 18,154
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston007 View Post
I absolutely enjoyed this film MUCH MUCH more than the first film.
Yeah, same here. I wouldn't say MUCH MUCH more, but I definitely enjoyed this one fully. Opening montage was great.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-28-2015, 03:57 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 172
Default

Didn't think the video was 5 star to be honest. More 4-4.5

Audio however is awesome.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-28-2015, 04:04 PM
Mandrake's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 140
Default

Good choice: Casting James Spader to play Ultron.
Bad choice: Making Ultron sound exactly like James Spader.

Am I alone on this one? Your supervillain is a goddamn robot; shouldn't he sound a little more robotic and a little less like an established, human actor? How were Ultron's metal lips even able to articulate the words coming out of his mouth-hole so clearly?
Don't get me wrong; a genocidal, James Spader-infused superbot could have been awesome. And maybe if I had never heard James Spader before I would have less intolerance for this. But the mismatch between the 8-foot robot character model and the recognizable human voice undermined Ultron's credibility as a character that could actually exist (even in the Marvel universe.)
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-28-2015, 05:48 PM
Bane's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 17,895
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandrake View Post
Good choice: Casting James Spader to play Ultron.
Bad choice: Making Ultron sound exactly like James Spader.

Am I alone on this one?
Nope. While I dug the movie overall Ultron himself was fairly disappointing for me but the voice was a small part of it, it was more the writing. In the teaser trailer he had a more sinister, gravellier tone that I was annoyed they ditched but moreover, in the comics Ultron is one of those top tier villains that even heroes may fear but in this he was just evil Tony Stark. Seeing how Whedon wrote him made me super happy he's done with marvel as I would worry how he'd handle Thanos.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-28-2015, 06:08 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 172
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bane View Post
Nope. While I dug the movie overall Ultron himself was fairly disappointing for me but the voice was a small part of it, it was more the writing. In the teaser trailer he had a more sinister, gravellier tone that I was annoyed they ditched but moreover, in the comics Ultron is one of those top tier villains that even heroes may fear but in this he was just evil Tony Stark. Seeing how Whedon wrote him made me super happy he's done with marvel as I would worry how he'd handle Thanos.
Agree with this, they portrayed him in the trailers as the essence of evil. Cut to the movie he's just a child like meanie really. He didn't feel threatening and you didn't believe anyone was in any real danger.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 09-28-2015, 06:13 PM
Arch Stanton's Avatar
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 2
Default

Looking forward to seeing this again. I had a horrible experience in the theater (loud kids and crying babies!) and was so frustrated, it completely ruined the movie. Got my BB steel on preorder and will see it soon IF BB ships it on time.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 09-28-2015, 07:41 PM
Boston007's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 11,210
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kopkiwi View Post
Agree with this, they portrayed him in the trailers as the essence of evil. Cut to the movie he's just a child like meanie really. He didn't feel threatening and you didn't believe anyone was in any real danger.
Hard to believe you can think that when he's wasting people left and right on a whim, and especially what he does near the end.

I'm glad they picked Spader to voice him, he's an excellent actor.

He was a MUCH better villain than in the first Avengers, Loki, talk about a spoiled child
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
'Avengers: Age of Ultron' is up for preorder Landy Blu-ray Software General Discussion 7 08-18-2015 09:32 PM
'Avengers: Age Of Ultron' Coming October 2nd taygan315 Blu-ray Software General Discussion 19 08-18-2015 11:23 AM
'Avengers: Age Of Ultron' Coming October 2nd taygan315 3D Gear & Movies 1 07-25-2015 09:51 AM
'Marvelís Avengers: Age of Ultron Pinball (PS4)' - High-Def Digest Review Brian Hoss Game Room 0 04-28-2015 02:39 PM
Avengers: Age of Ultron Official Teaser Trailer malakai 3D Gear & Movies 7 10-30-2014 06:52 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off