'Avengers: Age of Ultron' & 'Avengers: Age of Ultron - 3D' - High-Def Digest Reviews - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 09-28-2015, 12:35 PM

Default 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' & 'Avengers: Age of Ultron - 3D' - High-Def Digest Reviews

Michael S. Palmer has just reviewed the 2D and 3D Blu-ray releases of 'Avengers: Age of Ultron'.

3D:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/2099...fultron3d.html

2D:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/2040...eofultron.html
Old 09-28-2015, 01:12 PM

I absolutely enjoyed this film MUCH MUCH more than the first film.
Old 09-28-2015, 01:50 PM

My wife and I fell asleep during the movie. I guess, above a certain age you just can't stand 40 minute battle scenes.
Old 09-28-2015, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston007 View Post
I absolutely enjoyed this film MUCH MUCH more than the first film.
Yeah, same here. I wouldn't say MUCH MUCH more, but I definitely enjoyed this one fully. Opening montage was great.
Old 09-28-2015, 03:57 PM

Didn't think the video was 5 star to be honest. More 4-4.5

Audio however is awesome.
Old 09-28-2015, 04:04 PM

Good choice: Casting James Spader to play Ultron.
Bad choice: Making Ultron sound exactly like James Spader.

Am I alone on this one? Your supervillain is a goddamn robot; shouldn't he sound a little more robotic and a little less like an established, human actor? How were Ultron's metal lips even able to articulate the words coming out of his mouth-hole so clearly?
Don't get me wrong; a genocidal, James Spader-infused superbot could have been awesome. And maybe if I had never heard James Spader before I would have less intolerance for this. But the mismatch between the 8-foot robot character model and the recognizable human voice undermined Ultron's credibility as a character that could actually exist (even in the Marvel universe.)
Old 09-28-2015, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandrake View Post
Good choice: Casting James Spader to play Ultron.
Bad choice: Making Ultron sound exactly like James Spader.

Am I alone on this one?
Nope. While I dug the movie overall Ultron himself was fairly disappointing for me but the voice was a small part of it, it was more the writing. In the teaser trailer he had a more sinister, gravellier tone that I was annoyed they ditched but moreover, in the comics Ultron is one of those top tier villains that even heroes may fear but in this he was just evil Tony Stark. Seeing how Whedon wrote him made me super happy he's done with marvel as I would worry how he'd handle Thanos.
Old 09-28-2015, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bane View Post
Nope. While I dug the movie overall Ultron himself was fairly disappointing for me but the voice was a small part of it, it was more the writing. In the teaser trailer he had a more sinister, gravellier tone that I was annoyed they ditched but moreover, in the comics Ultron is one of those top tier villains that even heroes may fear but in this he was just evil Tony Stark. Seeing how Whedon wrote him made me super happy he's done with marvel as I would worry how he'd handle Thanos.
Agree with this, they portrayed him in the trailers as the essence of evil. Cut to the movie he's just a child like meanie really. He didn't feel threatening and you didn't believe anyone was in any real danger.
Old 09-28-2015, 06:13 PM

Looking forward to seeing this again. I had a horrible experience in the theater (loud kids and crying babies!) and was so frustrated, it completely ruined the movie. Got my BB steel on preorder and will see it soon IF BB ships it on time.
Old 09-28-2015, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kopkiwi View Post
Agree with this, they portrayed him in the trailers as the essence of evil. Cut to the movie he's just a child like meanie really. He didn't feel threatening and you didn't believe anyone was in any real danger.
Hard to believe you can think that when he's wasting people left and right on a whim, and especially what he does near the end.

I'm glad they picked Spader to voice him, he's an excellent actor.

He was a MUCH better villain than in the first Avengers, Loki, talk about a spoiled child