Kino Lorber Studio Classics August Amazon Sale!!! - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 08-13-2015, 09:46 PM

Default Kino Lorber Studio Classics August Amazon Sale!!!

This sale has been going the month of August and there are a LOT of great titles up there, Kino Lorber posted a full list on their FB page - too many to list here - so this link should take you to the post: https://www.facebook.com/kinolorberi...type=1&theater

Most titles are upwards of 50-60% off. This image they're using to promote it shows their DVD selection as well with titles like 'The Train' and 'Wild At Heart' which was as you may remember are Twilight Time only releases on Blu-ray, so keep that in mind while shopping. Also worth mentioning is that the sale applies to titles that haven't been released yet - some preorders into September and October are apparently on the list! Enjoy stocking up, film fans, there are some real genre gems on there! Might I recommend Prime Cut?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5016[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails
Kino Lorber Studio Classics August Amazon Sale!!!-kino-sale.jpg  
Old 08-13-2015, 11:42 PM

Good deals. Amazon.ca had a Kino sale in July and I picked up some good ones then. The Onion Field, River's Edge, Needful Things, and Deranged just to name a few. Great deals.
Old 08-13-2015, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theHDphantom View Post
Good deals. Amazon.ca had a Kino sale in July and I picked up some good ones then. The Onion Field, River's Edge, Needful Things, and Deranged just to name a few. Great deals.
Nice haul! Just looking at that picture there are at least a dozen on my wishlist, I'm glad this sale goes for a couple more weeks, I need some time to decide.
Old 08-13-2015, 11:56 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Thanks matt - I recall you mentioning a sale but which titles qualified were vague.
Expanding their post (but as you mention does not keep dvd separate)

OVER 100 FILMS - RELEASED JULY 2014 - JULY 2015
FROM $8.99 TO $16.99
THIS AUGUST - ONLY ON AMAZON

52 Pick-Up | Across 110th Street | At War with the Army | Avenging Force | Bank Shot | Barquero | Billion Dollar Brain | Black Sabbath (AIP) | Blown Away | Boys in the Band | Breakheart Pass | Buffalo Bill and the Indians, or Sitting Bull's History Lesson | Buona Sera, Mrs. Campbell | Cast a Giant Shadow | Cherry 2000 | Children's Hour, The | Coming Home | Convoy | Cops and Robbers | Cotton Comes to Harlem | Cover Up | The Crimson Cult | Deranged | Desperately Seeking Susan | Duel at Diablo | Elmer Gantry | Emerald Forest | Enter the Ninja | An Eye For An Eye | F.I.S.T | F/X | Falcon and the Snowman | Flesh + Blood | Foxes | Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum | Gator | Gorky Park | Great Train Robbery | Harry in Your Pocket | Hero and the Terror | Hickey & Boggs | House of 1,000 Dolls | Inherit the Wind | Invitation to a Gunfighter | Island of Dr. Moreau | Judgment at Nuremberg | Juggernaut | Kings of the Sun | Last Embrace | Late For Dinner | Life Stinks | Long Goodbye | Madhouse | Malice | Man of the West | Married to the Mob | Marty | McKenzie Break | Meteor | Miracle Mile | Missouri Breaks | More Dead Than Alive | Mr. Majestyk | Mulholland Falls | Naked Face | Needful Things | The Offence | On the Beach | Onion Field | The Organization | The Package | Paris Blues | The Party | Pocketful of Miracles | Premature Burial | Private Life of Sherlock Holmes | Quatermass Xperiment | Real Men | Report to the Commissioner | Revenge of the Ninja | River of Death | River's Edge | Run Silent, Run Deep | Running Scared | Rush | Russians Are Coming, The Russians Are Coming | Sabata| Sam Whiskey | Scalphunters | Secret Invasion | Separate Tables | Tales of Terror | Taras Bulba | Ten Seconds to Hell | They Call Me Mister Tibbs | Thieves Like Us | Thunderbolt and Lightfoot | Topkapi | The Train | Truck Turner | True Confessions | Unforgiven, The | Viva Maria | What's New Pussycat | White Buffalo | White Lightning | Wild At Heart | Witness For the Prosecution | Witness to Murder | Woman of Straw | X: The Man with the X-Ray Eyes | Young Savages | Zone Troopers
Old 08-14-2015, 12:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattedscreen View Post
Nice haul! Just looking at that picture there are at least a dozen on my wishlist, I'm glad this sale goes for a couple more weeks, I need some time to decide.
If you haven't got it already, I highly recommend the release of Peter Hyams' Running Scared. Solid release all around. Watched it a few nights ago and forgot just how much of a great, witty, funny film it is. The PQ looks terrific for a Hyams' film. I only had this film on a lackluster looking VHS tape, so this blu-ray release was a VERY welcome edition to my collection.

F.I.S.T. is another good one to check out too. Loved the "Fight For F.I.S.T." retrospective extra too; very informative.

Geez, there's a bunch of good titles in this sale. Quatermass Xperiment. Coming Home. F/X. Gorky Park. Blown Away. Go easy on that wallet of yours, Matt!
Old 08-14-2015, 08:55 AM

Lol! I Will - my biggest threat are all of the Westerns, and then I need to snag F/X for myself as well as my Dad, and I've had a strange love for 'Needful Things' ever since I was a kid. I hate budgeting.
Old 08-14-2015, 09:29 AM

I grabbed 'Cherry 2000' based on the recommendation from this site and have it stashed for a rainy day when I'm back home.

I also got 'Foxes'. It reminds me a lot of my own experiences growing up. It really captures that time in my life.