Attebery is offline Member

Default 'The Friends of Eddie Coyle' - High-Def Digest Review

Gordon has reviewed the Criterion release of ''The Friends of Eddie Coyle'. This is a must-see for fans of crime stories, film noir, and Robert Mitchum. The Blu-ray is highly recommended. Here's why...

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/1727...ddiecoyle.html
    Check out my author website and
    get a free copy of BRICK RANSOM!
    www.mikeattebery.com

Bubdylan is offline Member

Never heard of this film in my life before tonight. Stumbled over it clicking "Robert Mitchum" on Amazon and streamed it. Glad to hear the Blu-ray is nice; will be picking it up.

This has the grit of 1970's crime films without the ultra violence. Also, it has the melancholy of anti-hero and noir films without being cold-hearted. The film is both dry and sad. Bleak, but not punishing or morose. It hit a subdued balance, and it's the best movie I've seen in a while that I just happened across.

Boston007 is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bubdylan View Post
    Never heard of this film in my life before tonight. Stumbled over it clicking "Robert Mitchum" on Amazon and streamed it. Glad to hear the Blu-ray is nice; will be picking it up.

This has the grit of 1970's crime films without the ultra violence. Also, it has the melancholy of anti-hero and noir films without being cold-hearted. The film is both dry and sad. Bleak, but not punishing or morose. It hit a subdued balance, and it's the best movie I've seen in a while that I just happened across.
    the book is excellent