'Island of Lemurs: Madagascar' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 04-21-2015, 01:31 PM

Default 'Island of Lemurs: Madagascar' - High-Def Digest Review

E has reviewed 'Island of Lemurs: Madagascar'. Here's what he thought...

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/1817...agascar3d.html
Old 04-22-2015, 02:25 PM

I want to thank E for clearing up the whole climate change matter. I had my doubts that human activity is the reason for "climate change" that is until reading his review of Island of Lemurs. In addition, I also learned that until he set me straight, I was "ignorant" and under the dubious influence of "politicians and the petroleum industry". I learned from his review of this blu-ray, that my previous discussions about climate change were nothing more than "senseless bickering". Though E can now take credit for converting this former doubter into an unrelenting believer and champion of the cause to end "Earth's current health crisis", I do feel his "off tangent, jabbering" is a first for the Digest. As a frequent reader and purchaser of videos from its amazon links, I have been offended by a reviewer. Well, I might not be able win E over to the "ignorant" side of the debate (if you believe there even is one given the "unanimous consensus"), but I can begin not only ignoring those amazon links, but the very website they benefit. Sincerely, an "ignorant" and "bickering" reader.
Old 04-22-2015, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcuslaw View Post
I want to thank E for clearing up the whole climate change matter. I had my doubts that human activity is the reason for "climate change" that is until reading his review of Island of Lemurs. In addition, I also learned that until he set me straight, I was "ignorant" and under the dubious influence of "politicians and the petroleum industry". Sincerely, an "ignorant" and "bickering" reader.
Many IMAX nature documentaries often involve climate change in the heart of their stories. Some can be downright preachy. Anyone with rock solid, diehard, conservative principles should probably steer clear of these types of films. The person who believes the science behind climate change and who wants to save the planet, or those just concerned with saving certain species of animals from extinction, as well as children that have not made up their minds yet, those are who these films are catering to.
Old 04-22-2015, 07:50 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by malakai View Post
Many IMAX nature documentaries often involve climate change in the heart of their stories.
My first every IMAX experience was a double feature of Tropical Rainforest and Fires of Kuwait. So true man!