'Mission: Impossible Quadrilogy' is coming June 9 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 04-12-2015, 03:18 PM

Default 'Mission: Impossible Quadrilogy' is coming June 9

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/2034...uadrilogy.html
Old 04-12-2015, 05:01 PM

This is a pointless money grab since there's going to be a 5th movie coming out this summer.
Old 04-12-2015, 07:59 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkash View Post
This is a pointless money grab since there's going to be a 5th movie coming out this summer.
Exactly what I was thinking when I saw the announcement. Sort of like the Fast & The Furious sets.
Old 04-13-2015, 02:47 AM

I just wonder if they will be kind enough to finally offer 1-3 in some sort of High Def audio option.
Old 04-13-2015, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentBob View Post
I just wonder if they will be kind enough to finally offer 1-3 in some sort of High Def audio option.
What's galling is that those movies were reissued in Asia and some other territories with DTS-HD Master Audio tracks a few years ago, but the American copies (even though they were reissued at the same time) still only had lossy DD 5.1.

In addition to the audio upgrade, the second movie in particular desperately needs a new video remaster.
Old 04-13-2015, 05:58 PM

This set is actually already available in the US. Best Buy has carried it since Ghost Protocol hit shelves. But, like Josh said, the same old discs (they've been released individually and in two separate trilogy sets) feature Dolby Digital audio.
Old 04-13-2015, 07:17 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

^^^ which, thanks for reminding me... I do not have 1-3 on Blu, only 4, so if I venture out to buy them I will have to import them.
Old 04-13-2015, 07:35 PM

Now quick question, I read somewhere a while back - and I have not been able to find the info for this again - that the European releases of Ghost Protocol actually got the IMAX version with shifting aspect ratios for the bigger stunt sequences - any truth? Would love to do an import on that disc if its out there.
Old 04-14-2015, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattedscreen View Post
Now quick question, I read somewhere a while back - and I have not been able to find the info for this again - that the European releases of Ghost Protocol actually got the IMAX version with shifting aspect ratios for the bigger stunt sequences - any truth? Would love to do an import on that disc if its out there.
I don't believe that's true, no. The Blu-ray has a constant 2.40:1 aspect ratio per Brad Bird's instruction. He commented on Twitter that he finds the alternating aspect ratio distracting and that it only works in IMAX theaters where the screen size is supposed to exceed your field of vision. He composed the entire movie for 2.40:1 and that is his preference.