'Mad Max: Collector's Edition' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 04-06-2015, 12:49 PM

Default 'Mad Max: Collector's Edition' - High-Def Digest Review

E has reviewed 'Mad Max: Collector's Edition', his reaction may surprise you. Read on for all the details...

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/1788...rsedition.html
Old 04-06-2015, 02:49 PM

Yep. I knew this release wouldn't be worth it. Said it all along. Shout! Factory kept saying on their Facebook page how much they cleaned the image up and how great it was going to look, and people ate it up. This release should NOT have been given "Collector's Edition" status. It's nice to have a couple new interviews, but without a full blown retrospective and/or commentary and George Miller's involvement with this release, this was bound to be one of the most over-hyped releases of the year. Thanks for screwing this up Shout! Factory.
Old 04-06-2015, 04:11 PM

Well the good news is I don't have to double dip.
Old 04-06-2015, 04:42 PM

That's a shame. I was wondering what the point of this double-dip was when the original MGM Blu-ray was pretty decent already.
Old 04-06-2015, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Z View Post
That's a shame. I was wondering what the point of this double-dip was when the original MGM Blu-ray was pretty decent already.
The point is $ to capitalize on the new Mad Max flick.
Old 04-06-2015, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejnc View Post
The point is $ to capitalize on the new Mad Max flick.
Yeah, but MGM just reissued the whole trilogy last year. They could easily just repackage that again.
Old 04-06-2015, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Z View Post
Yeah, but MGM just reissued the whole trilogy last year. They could easily just repackage that again.
But they'll need another blu to sell in a few years (if Fury Road is successful) for the next Mad Max. So another Road Warrior then Thunderdome again after that.
Old 04-06-2015, 08:14 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Thanks for the side by side screenshots E - looks like Scream Factory used some DNR. It's not horrible but some detail is lost.
Old 04-06-2015, 08:14 PM

Bummer, I have held off buying this one all along and was hoping this BR would seal the deal. I'm betting in 6 months time there's probably going to be a box set of all of them including Fury Road - I'll spring around then. Shame.
Old 04-06-2015, 09:32 PM

Just came across this on Amazon.ca

Mad Max 35th Anniversary Edition
Comes out August 4th, 2015
http://www.amazon.ca/Mad-35th-Annive...dp/B00UAMEV8U/

No cover art or details as of yet, but thought it was interesting. Might just be a simple re-issue with a 35th Anniversary Edition label on it, but you never know. Would be nice if it has new features that George Miller was apart of.