'High School Musical 2' -- pre-release buzz - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 08-03-2007, 05:26 AM
PeterB

Default 'High School Musical 2' -- pre-release buzz

Yes, be afraid, be very afraid.

Disney is bringing 'High School Musical 2' to Blu-ray. No date yet, but they just released a new trailer touting a day-and-date with DVD release:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SIgzEhdb8o

Personally, I've never even seen the first HSM. But I guess everyone under the age of 16 in the world has?

Stay tuned for more details as soon as they are officially announced...
Old 08-03-2007, 01:40 PM
Always SpartanJohnson

Oh dear God, this will sell really bad on Blu-ray. I am around the age of the people who actually like this type of things and not many own blu-ray players. This movie appeals more to girls from what i've seen, and they will pick up the dvd if anything at all.

I will probably pick this up just to have those girls over, but I dunno.
Old 08-03-2007, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpartanJohnson View Post
I will probably pick this up just to have those girls over, but I dunno.
Yeah, sure it's for the girls. (Jon Lovitz)That's the ticket! I'll buy it for the girls. (/Jon Lovitz)
Old 08-03-2007, 06:16 PM

Well, there's parents like me who will buy this for their children.

It'll beat the hell out of the "Full Frame" High School Musical 1 someone gave us last Christmas... talk about the worse case scenario. And I must say I'm SICK AND TIRED of DVDs claiming they're "Formatted to fit your screen." Urgh!

-Pie
Old 08-03-2007, 06:29 PM
Formerly Delta_FX

Wow, pretty random? My sister wants to get this now, she's watched the first one like 20 times on Disney Channel, I've never seen it, and don't plan onto.
Old 08-03-2007, 06:55 PM
Always SpartanJohnson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overseer View Post
Yeah, sure it's for the girls. (Jon Lovitz)That's the ticket! I'll buy it for the girls. (/Jon Lovitz)
You caught me! haha.

In all seriousness though, I'm glad they are giving movies like these out on Blu-ray. A format that can appeal to anyone and not just movie buffs.
Is this going to be in Widescreen, Disney has never filmed any of their Disney Channel movies in widescreen from what I remember.

The Cheetah Girls 2 had the biggest Disney Channel premiere for a Disney Channel original movie, and pretty much was expected, but that released in fullscreen.

High School Musical 2 will no doubt top that, High School Musical caught on after the premiere.
Old 08-03-2007, 06:57 PM
Always SpartanJohnson

Quote:
Originally Posted by EatingPie View Post

It'll beat the hell out of the "Full Frame" High School Musical 1 someone gave us last Christmas... talk about the worse case scenario. And I must say I'm SICK AND TIRED of DVDs claiming they're "Formatted to fit your screen." Urgh!

-Pie
Well sure parents will buy this for their children, but the format isn't widespread enough that many will pick this up imo, although it would be a great stocking stuffer if it comes out around December to go along with their ps3s.
Old 08-04-2007, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta_FX View Post
Wow, pretty random? My sister wants to get this now, she's watched the first one like 20 times on Disney Channel, I've never seen it, and don't plan onto.
My lil sis loves it and seen the first one alot and its a ok movie
Old 08-05-2007, 03:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EatingPie View Post

-Pie
You really hate your children that much?
Old 08-05-2007, 04:35 PM
Banned

What a waste of money for them to even put this on Blu-ray.