'The Babadook' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 03-31-2015, 03:35 PM

Default 'The Babadook' - High-Def Digest Review

Bryan has reviewed 'The Babadook'. He says this is one of the scariest films in recent memory. This Blu-ray's video and audio presentations are both great, and the wealth of extras are all worth watching. Horror fans, this is a MUST OWN!

Full review here:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/17770/thebabadook2.html
Old 03-31-2015, 03:54 PM

I found this one to be pretty good. Nothing I really crave to see again, but I would definitely recommend it to horror fans.

The performances are excellent. The little boy is so bloody awful early in the film that he's almost more horrific than The Babadook himself.
Old 03-31-2015, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolo View Post
The little boy is so bloody awful early in the film that he's almost more horrific than The Babadook himself.
This is the one thing that keeps me on the sidelines from picking this up day one. I'll probably wait it out until I see it for $10.
The blu-ray is being released by eOne/Seville here in Canada and I'm fearing that it won't have all the extras as the Shout! Factory edition. I hope I'm wrong, but I'm not gonna hold my breath.
Old 03-31-2015, 04:37 PM
Administrator

Definitely worth owning!

My Best,
Bryan Kluger
www.boomstickcomics.com
Old 03-31-2015, 07:28 PM

I'm buying this for sure. I also bought the pop-up book they were selling on their website. Can not wait.
Old 03-31-2015, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theHDphantom View Post
This is the one thing that keeps me on the sidelines from picking this up day one. I'll probably wait it out until I see it for $10.
The blu-ray is being released by eOne/Seville here in Canada and I'm fearing that it won't have all the extras as the Shout! Factory edition. I hope I'm wrong, but I'm not gonna hold my breath.
I R Confused. Why would you wait? For me, I actually thought the boy was SUPERB in his role, and I hate to throw around words like Oscar nominations, but - truly - he was fantastic. If you've ever been around troubled children or even autistic children that have extreme mood swings, - his performance will resonate. (And that's from someone who usually despises child actors).

NOT a spoiler, but the only thing that bothered me about this movie was a re-use of a sound effect from a video game. REALLY stuck out to me. Aside from that, a truly excellent movie. A second viewing for me was essential.
Old 03-31-2015, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSG View Post
I R Confused. Why would you wait?.
I've been reading a lot of comments elsewhere where they say the kid was close to ruining the movie due to how annoying he was. The whole premise of the film sounds terrific and well thought out, but I'm still gonna wait it out a bit for the price to drop. And plus, I have no idea what the Canadian release is going to be like at this moment. Maybe my local Walmart will have it on release day and I can see the specs then.
Old 03-31-2015, 08:25 PM

Already pre-ordered. Very seldom do I randomly buy new 2D horror films, but something about it caught my eye.
Old 04-01-2015, 01:59 AM

I want to see this.
Old 04-01-2015, 08:44 AM

Just to clarify, when I said the boy was horrific early in the film, I don't mean his acting. I thought his acting was top notch. It was the behaviour of his character that was enough to scare anybody away from ever having children. He was just a nightmare.

I thought it was one of the best aspects of the film that Kent could shift the characters from unlikeable to likeable and back.