'Return to Oz' & 'Swiss Family Robinson' Disney Movie Club Exclusives April 14 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 03-30-2015, 01:10 PM

Default 'Return to Oz' & 'Swiss Family Robinson' Disney Movie Club Exclusives April 14

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/1990...ryedition.html
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/1990...exclusive.html
Old 03-30-2015, 07:42 PM

Return to Oz!! YESSSS!!!!!!! One of my absolute favorite movies of all time. Hopefully they add in some decent features.
Old 03-30-2015, 08:09 PM

Great flicks, both of them, but I've watched Swiss Family Robinson more times than I care to admit. However, Return to Oz, glad to see it coming to blu. Hopefully it won't be a Disney movie club exclusive for too long.
Old 03-31-2015, 02:09 PM

Awesome, I just spent most of my points on the Aladdin Disney Infinity 2.0 set, hopefully Return to Oz doesnt cost much, one of my all time favorite kids flicks, still enjoy watching that one
Old 03-31-2015, 07:27 PM

It's $25 to preorder for full price. Definitely using this towards my membership requirement.
Old 03-31-2015, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilResident View Post
It's $25 to preorder for full price. Definitely using this towards my membership requirement.
These DMC exclusives do not count as a commitment. The only way a blu-ray less than $29.95 counts as a commitment is if it is a limited time special pricing title, usually a pre-order. The best two ways of acquiring any of these exclusives are to either

a) add them in with another order during one of their B1G1 50% off sales or
b) wait 3-4 months after it's initial release and see if DMC adds it to the list of sign up titles.

I was able to get The Apple Dumpling Gang, The Computer Wore Tennis Shoes, Herbie The Love Bug and Herbie Rides Again as sign up titles. I assume Old Yeller and Pollyanna will be added down the road as initial sign up titles.
Old 04-01-2015, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkdaze73 View Post
I was able to get The Apple Dumpling Gang, The Computer Wore Tennis Shoes, Herbie The Love Bug and Herbie Rides Again as sign up titles. I assume Old Yeller and Pollyanna will be added down the road as initial sign up titles.
I did the same thing. Pretty much, I signed up and got ADG and the two Herbie movies and like three Studio G films. When Pollyanna and Old Yeller came out, I bought another Studio G film and added those two at 40% off.

I am interested in this month's Featured Title "Into The Woods", so I will probably snag that and add these two movies as a discount. On the DMC exclusives, Disney is pretty good about mailing them out early - I had Old Yeller and Pollyanna a week before their stated release date.

If DMC keeps up with their exclusives, I may stay a member even after fulfilling my membership requirements
Old 04-01-2015, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gravis778 View Post
I did the same thing. Pretty much, I signed up and got ADG and the two Herbie movies and like three Studio G films. When Pollyanna and Old Yeller came out, I bought another Studio G film and added those two at 40% off.

I am interested in this month's Featured Title "Into The Woods", so I will probably snag that and add these two movies as a discount. On the DMC exclusives, Disney is pretty good about mailing them out early - I had Old Yeller and Pollyanna a week before their stated release date.

If DMC keeps up with their exclusives, I may stay a member even after fulfilling my membership requirements
Make sure if you buy the monthly feature, check the box during check out to get the free lithograph. The litho for Into the Woods is "Rafiki"(Lion King). I just ordered the Tinkerbell and the Neverbeast movie as a monthly selection and should be receiving "FEED THE BIRDS"(Mary Poppins) lithograph. You have to check the box during checkout to get it though.

As far as staying a member after fulfilling, I always cancel and re-sign up. But that's because I can find another 6-7 titles to sign up for. If you can't find enough titles worth re-committing then it wouldn't hurt staying on. The only real benefit is the extra 10% off during their monthly Buy 1 Get x% off(usually 60%) sales. I still need one more to fulfill and I will probably cancel and do it again.
Old 04-01-2015, 09:38 PM

Ugh. I wish I had looked at that closer. I would have purchased something else and gotten RtOz for 50% off. Blah. At least I got a shipment notification today.
Old 04-03-2015, 11:40 AM

Just an update: it DID end up counting towards my commitment!