The Terminator being released again? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 03-21-2015, 04:13 PM

Default The Terminator being released again?

It seems as though The Terminator is being released again, this time with a crap cover.

Does anyone know why they might be releasing it again so soon? A restored and remastered soundtrack, with the original mono mix included?

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/1922...erminator.html
Old 03-21-2015, 04:27 PM

Undoubtedly, it's just a repackaging of the last disc with an UltraViolet Digital Copy code on a slip.
My opinions are strictly my own, and do not necessarily reflect those of this site, its owners or employees.
Old 03-21-2015, 04:39 PM

Already a thread about this: http://forums.highdefdigest.com/blu-...g-may-5-a.html
Other studios are re-releasing films on blu-ray as well. Same discs, but just with the added UV copies now included.
Old 03-22-2015, 01:13 PM

I still need to buy the Terminator remaster. How do I know that I am buying the remastered verison and not a repackaged original version?
Old 03-22-2015, 07:31 PM

There is a fifth Terminator film coming out this summer, it probably has something to do with that. The release of a new film in a series always sparks interest in the older entries and boost sales.
Old 03-23-2015, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
I still need to buy the Terminator remaster. How do I know that I am buying the remastered verison and not a repackaged original version?
The newest cases say in the first line of the description that its a "newly remastered film" the original release didnt mention that anywhere I believe and the new remaster also has a DTS HD soundtrack which the first one only had PCM I think, if you are buying it new I'm not sure you can even get the old release now, if you look on Amazon the new remastered version is the one that comes up when you search
Old 03-23-2015, 08:29 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Terminator 2 is also getting the same treatment.
I think Tom did not list that one is, like the original, the reissue is a waste of time and space.
Old 07-03-2015, 05:05 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Z View Post
Undoubtedly, it's just a repackaging of the last disc with an UltraViolet Digital Copy code on a slip.
Apparently there's word out there it is the exact same transfer but without the excessive DNR. So it is a new disc.
Old 07-03-2015, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krawk View Post
Apparently there's word out there it is the exact same transfer but without the excessive DNR. So it is a new disc.
I've heard that a bunch too - haven't seen the disc to pick it up and see for myself yet
Old 07-04-2015, 01:45 AM

I've seen it and it does look better than the last disc. However, take my opinion with a grain of salt.

BTW, Genisys was actually pretty good. Better than Jurassic World.