'Troop Beverly Hills' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 03-19-2015, 12:32 PM

Default 'Troop Beverly Hills' - High-Def Digest Review

Bryan has reviewed 'Troop Beverly Hills' . This Blu-ray is highly recommended for old and new generations alike. Here's why...

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/1836...erlyhills.html
Old 03-21-2015, 09:51 AM

Or never leave a successful TV Show thinking you are going to be a movie star.
Old 03-21-2015, 10:27 AM

There's an scene in the last season of Cheers (episode 18) that sums it up very nicely:

Quote:
[Norm, Cliff, Woody and Frasier are watching the Godzilla movies at a drive-in theater]
Cliff Clavin: So, what did I miss? Why is that girl running around screaming at everybody?
Norm Peterson: Well, she's trying to convince them that Godzilla's merely confused, not really trying to hurt them.
Cliff Clavin: Isn't that the part usually played by Akira Nakamura?
Norm Peterson: Yeah, yeah, but she left half way through the Godzilla series.
Woody Boyd: I don't understand. Why would an actress leave right in the middle of a successful series?
Old 03-21-2015, 03:17 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Not a huge Shelley Long fan. Surprised at the rating - but have no reason the doubt Bryan's assessment.
Old 03-22-2015, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobG View Post
There's an scene in the last season of Cheers (episode 18) that sums it up very nicely:

Exactly. And in it was best for the show. As much as I loved Diane and Coach (for me) the series kicked it into high gear with Woody and Rebecca.
Old 03-22-2015, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubbiechris View Post
Exactly. And in it was best for the show. As much as I loved Diane and Coach (for me) the series kicked it into high gear with Woody and Rebecca.
I agree. But I never really liked Rebecca. And, although I thought Woody was fantastic, Coach was the best. The show was doing very well when Shelley left, but it's not clear whether it would have continued to do well had she stayed. Woody and Rebecca gave it new life that worked very well.
Old 03-23-2015, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobG View Post
I agree. But I never really liked Rebecca. And, although I thought Woody was fantastic, Coach was the best. The show was doing very well when Shelley left, but it's not clear whether it would have continued to do well had she stayed. Woody and Rebecca gave it new life that worked very well.
Really? I thought Rebecca was the perfect foe for Sam. To give him a hot boss to a womanizer was brilliant. She came across as a hard ass that was a freaking mess inward. And she was a gifted comedian. It was a breathe of fresh air and the Sam and Diane has run it's course. The show got funnier with Woody, Rebecca, more of Frazier, Gary's bar etc.. It never lost steam and ended on a high.
Old 03-23-2015, 10:19 AM

Frazier is my favorite character, with Lilith a close second.

Sam's character changed when Rebecca came. Ted Danson, on the 200th Special Episode, even commented that Sam's character became "dumber." Sam basically became a mimbo - a male bimbo. Yes, I still enjoyed the show, but Sam was lacking the strength of character that he exhibited in the first 5 seasons.

I liked Rebecca in the beginning, but she wore out her welcome. Near the end, her character started to annoy me.

The last season is one of the best. I'm actually currently working my way through it, again, on DVD. I usually watch all 11 seasons 2-3 times a year. Yeah. I'm a fan.