'Dolls: Collector's Edition' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 02-05-2015, 12:51 PM

Default 'Dolls: Collector's Edition' - High-Def Digest Review

E has reviewed 'Dolls: Collector's Edition'. He says this belongs right up there with Stuart Gordon's best movie, 'Re-Animator'.

Full review here:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/13200/dolls.html
Old 02-05-2015, 01:41 PM

I watched this a few weeks ago with the stereo lossless track. Sounded pretty good to me. Didn't really notice the audio balance issue...although I was sitting more towards the left of the TV that night.... Either way, this is still a great blu-ray.
I found Re-Animator to be just OK, so until I finally watch my blu-ray copy of From Beyond and judge that one, I'd have to say that Dolls is Gordon's best feature. Just a very entertaining horror flick. Some of that stop-motion animation was some of the best I've seen.
Old 02-05-2015, 06:37 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Seriously would never have considered this movie a viable purchase. Hopefully when I do I have E to thank.

Another region locked title - who is the original distributor?
Old 02-05-2015, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krawk View Post
Another region locked title - who is the original distributor?
I believe MGM is the original distributors. And yeah, this blu-ray is region-A locked. However, 101 Films released Dolls in the UK on blu-ray. That release is region-B locked. Don't know what the quality of that disc is though.