'Needful Things' is coming in 2015 - High-Def Digest Forums
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-23-2015, 11:01 AM
Landy's Avatar
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 13,907
Default 'Needful Things' is coming in 2015

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/1748...fulthings.html
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-24-2015, 02:17 PM
Plissken99's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 2,543
Default

Sweet! I wonder if there's any chance of getting the extremely extended TV version.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-16-2015, 11:31 PM
theHDphantom's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 2,419
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plissken99 View Post
Sweet! I wonder if there's any chance of getting the extremely extended TV version.
According to Kino, they weren't able to get a hold of the extended cut unfortunately. Kinda sucks, but at least there's a new commentary on this release.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-16-2015, 11:55 PM
Josh Z's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 11,925
Default

Always liked this movie. Never understood the trashing it took.
__________________
Josh Z
Former Writer/Editor, High-Def Digest
My opinions are strictly my own and do not necessarily reflect those of my employers, whoever they may be..
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-17-2015, 11:05 AM
Boston007's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 11,210
Default

Loved the book and I enjoyed the movie a lot. I'll be picking this up!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-17-2015, 01:12 PM
theHDphantom's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 2,419
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Z View Post
Always liked this movie. Never understood the trashing it took.
I've never seen this one, but I think the main gripe was that everyone liked the book a lot more than the movie. Then when the extended cut of the film came out, it seemed like everyone sh*t all over the theatrical cut even more. Nonetheless, I'm still getting this new blu-ray from Kino. Will be nice to hear the director's commentary as well (hope it's a good listen).
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-17-2015, 01:16 PM
Josh Z's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 11,925
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by theHDphantom View Post
I've never seen this one, but I think the main gripe was that everyone liked the book a lot more than the movie. Then when the extended cut of the film came out, it seemed like everyone sh*t all over the theatrical cut even more. Nonetheless, I'm still getting this new blu-ray from Kino. Will be nice to hear the director's commentary as well (hope it's a good listen).
I haven't read this book, but I assume it's like most Steven King novels and is hugely bloated with tons of storylines that ultimately go nowhere. The movie is a pretty steamlined little black comedy, so I imagine it probably cut out a lot of filler.
__________________
Josh Z
Former Writer/Editor, High-Def Digest
My opinions are strictly my own and do not necessarily reflect those of my employers, whoever they may be..
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-17-2015, 02:00 PM
Boston007's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 11,210
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Z View Post
I haven't read this book, but I assume it's like most Steven King novels and is hugely bloated with tons of storylines that ultimately go nowhere. The movie is a pretty steamlined little black comedy, so I imagine it probably cut out a lot of filler.
LOL the book was HUGE.

I for one, liked the book and the movie, and I actually prefer the movie.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-17-2015, 07:16 PM
theHDphantom's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 2,419
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston007 View Post
LOL the book was HUGE.

I for one, liked the book and the movie, and I actually prefer the movie.
As in the theatrical cut, or extended cut? Have you seen both? Any insight as to which one was "superior" to you?
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 04-17-2015, 10:38 PM
Boston007's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 11,210
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by theHDphantom View Post
As in the theatrical cut, or extended cut? Have you seen both? Any insight as to which one was "superior" to you?
It's been so long I forgot which one I saw, sorry. Hopefully someone else can shed light and maybe we'll get both on this blu ray
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
'Needful Things' - High-Def Digest Review Attebery Blu-ray Software General Discussion 14 06-19-2015 01:00 AM
'All Good Things' is coming March 29 Landy Blu-ray Software General Discussion 0 12-27-2010 12:31 PM
Spike Jonze's 'Where The Wild Things Are' coming March 2nd!! taygan315 Blu-ray Software General Discussion 17 03-01-2010 01:44 AM
'10 Things I Hate About You: Special Edition' is coming January 5 Landy Blu-ray Software General Discussion 6 11-03-2009 09:05 AM
"10 Things I Hate About You" Coming in 2009 GizmoDVD Blu-ray Software General Discussion 12 10-10-2009 10:17 AM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off