'Goodfellas: 25th Anniversary Edition' is coming May 5 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 01-22-2015, 10:31 PM

Default 'Goodfellas: 25th Anniversary Edition' is coming May 5

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/1747...ryedition.html
Old 01-22-2015, 11:12 PM

Will this include a new transfer and lossless?

Any game that features paid loot boxes should be rated AO.
Old 01-23-2015, 12:38 AM

Technical Specs:
--2-Disc Set
--36-Page Photo Book
--Remastered from a 4k scan of the original camera negative, supervised by Martin Scorsese

Supplements
--All previously released bonus materials.
Exclusive HD Content
--ALL-NEW Documentary includes interview with the Director, cast and some of your all-time favorite movie gangsters! – Join some of Martin Scorsese’s greatest gangsters – Robert De Niro, Leonardo DiCaprio, Harvey Keitel, Ray Liotta, Jack Nicholson and Joe Pesci – to discover what it’s like to work for perhaps the greatest gangster director of them all.

Now this is weird. I was looking at my Goodfellas steelbook earlier this evening and though to myself, "2015 marks the 25th anniversary of Goodfellas. I hope Warner re-releases it with a new transfer, lossless audio, and maybe a retrospective doc or something." I swear to God. Maybe I should start thinking of other movies that need blu-ray (re-)releases too.......
Old 01-23-2015, 09:57 AM

I'll wait for reviews as I have the digibook version that came out, so I doubt they can improve on the packaging.
Old 01-23-2015, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
I'll wait for reviews as I have the digibook version that came out, so I doubt they can improve on the packaging.
The Digibook has the old video transfer for the movie, which is barely distinguishable from the DVD. This re-release will finally have a new transfer approved by the director.
Old 01-23-2015, 12:45 PM

I knew this would be a 4k remaster, but I'm going to wait until I can buy it in true 4K resolution because it's just around the corner and Warner had this as one of their launch titles (or close to it) on both DVD and Blu-ray. I would feel dumb getting it on Blu-ray and then a few months later seeing it be a second best version to a true 4k release.
Old 01-23-2015, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Z View Post
The Digibook has the old video transfer for the movie, which is barely distinguishable from the DVD. This re-release will finally have a new transfer approved by the director.
Yeah, but I need to find out how good of an upgrade it is first. After all, it is a digibook.