'The Comancheros' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 01-22-2015, 08:39 PM

Default 'The Comancheros' - High-Def Digest Review

Please welcome John Gehr to High-Def Digest! John has reviewed 'The Comancheros'. He says this isnít John Wayneís greatest film, but a decent story, excellent acting, and beautiful cinematography make it a solid entry in The Duke's catalog. This is recommended to Blu-ray fans, and highly recommended to John Wayne fans.

Full review here:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/4873...mancheros.html
Old 01-23-2015, 08:52 AM

Welcome to HDD John. I too and am a big Wayne fan. So I thank you for reviewing this. I own all but about 10 of Duke's movies on bluray or DVD and have watched nearly all. I thank my Dad for loving Wayne, he is also a huge fan. I remember growing up and if there was a Wayne movie on, the TV stopped. When I replace a DVD version with a bluray, I send the DVD to my Dad. My wife tolerates my fanaticism, but I think she would rather the TV not stop on the channel anytime any Wayne movie is on
Old 01-23-2015, 04:58 PM

Thanks for the welcome rmoody. I'm hopeful I'll be able to add additional Wayne titltes. I am just like you. I have my father to thank for my appreciation of Wayne. In fact, for westerns in general. They don't make enough of them anymore, but there are some good ones out there. If Open Range (Costner, Duvall) every gets released on Blu ray I'm going to beg to be able to review it. Thanks again for the kind welcome.
Old 01-23-2015, 11:13 PM

I like Wayne flicks as much as the next guy, but my favorite western is Shane. "There never was a man like SHANE. There never was a motion picture like SHANE."
Old 01-26-2015, 06:03 PM
HDD Contributor

Welcome to the gang, John

Last edited by El Bicho; 01-26-2015 at 06:17 PM.