'The Twilight Saga: Extended Editions Triple Feature' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 01-15-2015, 03:54 PM

Default 'The Twilight Saga: Extended Editions Triple Feature' - High-Def Digest Review

E has reviewed 'The Twilight Saga: Extended Editions Triple Feature'.

Full review here:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/1617...lefeature.html
Old 01-15-2015, 09:41 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

E your poor poor man to be subjected through this series once again! Your summary is spot on about the immature girl, etc ... and I know you try to remain completely open to whatever it is you review. Based on the overall price, if anyone has any remote interest in this series, the 3-pack is a great way to start off. We've seen the 5-pack for $50 from time to time but they're not the EE's. On the subject of EE, sure I could look it up on Wiki or something but I would assume the extra footage adds little or none to the story?
Still not sure why Lions Gate feels the need to region lock their titles (assholes.)
Old 01-16-2015, 02:09 AM

It IS unfortunate that the reviewer did not offer comments about what the "Extended Edition" added material consists of and what, if anything, it added to the title. I'm not sure there was much point to even publishing this review without that.
Old 01-17-2015, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich86 View Post
It IS unfortunate that the reviewer did not offer comments about what the "Extended Edition" added material consists of and what, if anything, it added to the title. I'm not sure there was much point to even publishing this review without that.
E, Rich86 is right. You got this:

"This is the extended edition of each movie, where the first entry adds 5 minutes to the original runtime, making it 126 min long. The sequel is adds 8 minutes, making it 138 minutes, while the third installment adds 5 minutes for a total of 129 minutes."

just from the backcover, right?

What difference does the extra 5, extra 8, extra 5 minutes make?
E, you could have had fun writing something to skewer those extra
minutes.

I'm 99.999% sure that the lack of an in-depth examination of the
extended editions will make zero difference to cinematic criticism.
But you drew the short-straw to review this, so you have to take
one for the team.
Old 01-17-2015, 10:33 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by timcharger View Post
But you drew the short-straw to review this, so you have to take
one for the team.
I do not know the full details but would almost guess that maybe he took one for the team just based on having reviewed the first two, and decided to stick it out?
Old 01-19-2015, 12:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krawk View Post
I do not know the full details but would almost guess that maybe he took one for the team just based on having reviewed the first two, and decided to stick it out?
That's a somewhat nice thought . . but . . unless names & on-line names are disguised for reviewers, I don't think he reviewed the original releases of these blu-rays . . . I believe Peter Bracke & Nate "critiqued" those releases pretty thoroughly.