Disney Movie Club offering exclusive blu-rays - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 01-14-2015, 11:54 AM

Default Disney Movie Club offering exclusive blu-rays

This has been mentioned in a couple of other threads, but I figured it warranted it's own now that DMC has added even more titles over the last couple of months.

Disney Movie Club has recently started adding exclusive titles only available through their online store. There has been no mention that I know of to release these outside of their site. So far there have been six titles released.

You can currently order The Apple Dumpling Gang and The Computer Wore Tennis Shoes as enrollment titles during your initial signup via the Disney Movie Club site. It may be possible to receive the others as initial enrollments by calling in to join DMC as they are usually more lenient about which titles are available for enrollment.

If signing up, make sure to use one of the multiple promotion codes that allow more bang for your buck. These codes can be found via search of other dvd/BD sites or if there is enough interest I can post them here.

The Apple Dumpling Gang
Spoiler

The Computer Wore Tennis Shoes
Spoiler

The Love Bug
Spoiler

Herbie Rides Again
Spoiler

Pollyanna
Spoiler

Old Yeller
Spoiler
Old 01-14-2015, 02:03 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

According to a recent post, 101 Dalmatians II is also an exclusive.

Question is - are they just exclusives for a limited time. Disney is in the business of making $$ and it would not make sense to leave em exclusive forever.
Old 01-14-2015, 03:25 PM

Saw and posted in the 101 part II thread. As far as these exclusives, The Apple Dumpling Gang and TCWTS came out in Sept. of last year. You would think there would be some kind of release info if they were going to distribute outside of the club. I could see them eventually adding them to the Disney Movie Rewards site, but considering how bad catalogs sales are I would be shocked to see them get a wide release.
Old 01-14-2015, 03:37 PM

...no 3D exclusives...
Old 01-14-2015, 11:19 PM

I'm hoping they do 3D exclusives. Joined last year and need 3 more purchases to fulfill my agreement. Had to do it for at the time exclusive on Gargoyels Season 2 Vol II
Old 01-15-2015, 01:25 AM

Wait...they released Vol II?

Any game that features paid loot boxes should be rated AO.
Old 01-15-2015, 10:15 AM

Wow this may make me sign up!
Old 01-15-2015, 11:27 AM

I'm glad to see they've released Pollyanna, one of my mother's favorite Disney flicks. I hope it means they'll be releasing the original Parent Trap soon. Here we are, on the brink of 4k UHD blu-ray, and Disney has barely started to release their classic films on 1080p blu-ray.
Old 01-15-2015, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston007 View Post
Wow this may make me sign up!
If you do, use one of these codes as they give you the best deal.

10042B - 5 BD's for $1 plus you can buy a sixth BD for $11.95(counts as a commitment) and a seventh BD for $8.95(does not count as a commitment).

You are not required to purchase anything beyond the initial 5 selections, but it would be cheaper to at least purchase a sixth title.

When using any of these codes you are only required to purchase 3 commitment titles within 2 years(2 if you purchase the above mentioned $11.95 title). For a movie to count as a commitment it usually has to be $29.95 or up. But their selection of the month title(which you must accept or decline) counts toward your commitment even if it less than the $29.99 price.

As part of their selection of the month deal they will offer a chance at getting 2 for a special price and sometimes 3 movies for a special price. Only the first title will count as a commitment.

ex. 101 Dalamtions - $23.99 buy 101 Dalmations & 101 Dalmations II for $41.99 or Buy 101 Dalmations I & II plus Mickeys Xmas Carol for $59.99
Only part I will count as a commitment, the others are only offered as a "special pricing" deal.

Once you sign up, make sure to use the website to handle your account as it is far easier than using the mailers you get each month

28563 - same deal as above but comes w/ free Mickey blanket
30058 - same deal as above but comes w/ free Olaf blanket

Like I mentioned in the op, there is a lot of other info regarding the DMC elsewhere. But signing up without one of these codes will cost you a lot more money as you are usually required to purchase 5 movies rather than 3 and the initial 5 movies are $1 each rather than $1 for all 5. Plus if you know someone that is already a member, they can refer you and they receive two free movies(+ S&H).
Old 01-15-2015, 01:50 PM

Out of the titles listed in the first post, it looks like the only ones available with your membership order are The Apple Dumpling Gang and The Computer Wore Tennis Shoes. I think you have to be a member to order the others, which means you can't order them with your initial purchase. Am I wrong? Please tell me that I'm wrong.