'Archer: The Complete Season Five' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 01-13-2015, 02:58 PM

Default 'Archer: The Complete Season Five' - High-Def Digest Review

Steven has reviewed 'Archer: The Complete Season Five'. He says this season takes the show in an entirely new direction. This Blu-ray is recommended. Here's why...

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/10778/archer_s5.html
Old 01-15-2015, 01:02 PM

I love this show but it really hasn't been funny since the Heart of Archness special episodes after season 2. I keep watching though, hoping the comedy magic hasn't been completely lost.
Old 01-26-2015, 06:16 PM
HDD Contributor

Although I disagree with your assessment, why would you watch three additional seasons if you didn't think it was funny anymore?
Old 01-27-2015, 01:40 AM

I finally watched this season and thought it was awful. The second disc was much better than the first, but the series has clearly run out of ideas and jumped the shark with this season. Not just that, but they turned Pam into an unlikable asshole that no longer has anything redeeming to her character. In fact, I can't even watch her in the older episodes now because of this. Don't get me wrong, there were funny moments in it, and there were areas I enjoyed (such as Dictator Siro), but as a whole, the show should have just ended with S4.