Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    jed
    jed is offline HDD Founder

Default Disney: 'Pirates' Box Set Coming

No date yet, but Disney CEO Bob Iger confirmed on Wednesday that the studio is indeed planning a 'Pirates of the Caribbean' Blu-ray box set.

full story:
    http://www.highdefdigest.com/news/show/836

MrE
    MrE is offline Formerly MrENGLISH

Too bad I jumped on the first 2 already. I'll just be picking up the 3rd when it streets.
    this message was brought to you by MrE™
    WARNING: may contain Sarcasm and/or Bad Spelling

mikew5j is offline Member

I will be picking that up when I get my Blu-Ray Player this Christmas.

First post. Hello all.
    Samsung HL-T 61" LED DLP - Yamaha HTR-6080 - Velodyne DSP-12 SW - Polk RTiA4 speakers
    - 11 / - 14
    360 Games - 12 / Games - 1

Space_Butler is offline Founding Member

This better not be anything more than the 3 movies thrown into an extra cardboard case (like the Mission Impossible or Matrix collections) or else I'm going to... sit back and be mildly annoyed. I had held off on the Pirates movies for so long, and finally got them a couple days ago, and then this happens. Jerks.
    Blu-ray's: 234
    60gb PS3 w/ 320gb hdd, 360 Pro + 120gb HDD, Wii

ZebraMajor is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Space_Butler View Post
    This better not be anything more than the 3 movies thrown into an extra cardboard case (like the Mission Impossible or Matrix collections) or else I'm going to... sit back and be mildly annoyed. I had held off on the Pirates movies for so long, and finally got them a couple days ago, and then this happens. Jerks.

Well it did say a 3 disc DVD release so maybe it's only the 3 Blu-ray movie discs sans the second discs of extras for each movie. Being in the same boat you are I hope this is the case.

mrkiller is offline Member

i would rather get them seperatly since i have the first 2

p0seidon is offline Member

Since Im fairly new into the world of next gen HD discs, Ive been holding buying discs that will be collection/sets at some point down the road.
    Samsung HLT-6187S
    Samsung DVD-HD960
    Yamaha HTR-5550
    Logitech Harmony 890

+ 98 movies
    + 49 movies
    DVD 154 movies

metatron is offline Member

damn. bought them when they were released, thought that there would be no box since they were released before 3rd, not like Spidey or anything else.

maybe i'll double wip even without extra bonuses if they will pack it in something very nice!
    Pioneer PDP-LX608D / Pioneer VSX-LX70 / KEF KHT-3005 / PS3 40 GB [RB] / PS3 60 GB [RC] / Thomson DSI-4000NTV / Samsung HD850
    BD: 210 / PS3: 27

My Collection

Vesh Drown is offline Member

Wished they told me this before I bought 1 and 2. oh well... Pirates 3 was ok IMO.

Godstar is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vesh Drown View Post
    Wished they told me this before I bought 1 and 2. oh well... Pirates 3 was ok IMO.
    Yeah, I just wished movies did something like "purchase 3 and get the free collectors box free". Then you're not screwing over prior customers with a double dip. If they are the same movies, though, without any extra content, they can keep the box.
    The nerd is a tirelessly predictable creature whom the promise of boobies is like a bacon sandwich to a starving wolf. - Yahtzee
    List of My Games!
    Audio:
    Denon AVR4311CI+SVS 1646 PC Plus Subwoofer+Paradigm Monitor 9V5 x 2+
    Paradim CC-390+Paradigm ADP-370 x 2
    Video:Panasonic PT-AE2000U Projector
    Consoles:Wii+WiiU+Gamecube+PS3+360+DSi XLS & Lite+PSP*2+Dreamcast+Saturn+SNES+Genesis
    PSN/WiiU:Godstar/XBL:G0DSTAR --> with a zero.

Dood56 is offline Member

I am glad I have waited to replace my SD versions. I would expect a $99 MSRP on this so it should at least give some savings over buying individually! If that is not the case, then I will just buy them individually.

taygan315 is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Space_Butler View Post
    I am in agreement with you. I bought the first 2 when they came out. As long as the third is made avaible seperate, I dont care for the boxset. Now...if the first two in the boxset has more interactive features, extended scenes, additional docs then I will not be a happy camper.
    My mancave:

Display - Sony Bravia 3D 55HX800, Epson 3D 3020 (124")
    Players - Sony BDP-S570, Sony BDP-S590, Sony PS3 320GB
    Computer - Mac 27" i5 1 terabyte hdd (1 terabyte back up hdd), MacBook Pro 17" i5 750GB

Portable Devices - iPad (4th gen A6 64GB), iPod Touch (5th gen A5 32GB)

"When your winning, fight like your losing"

squall4008 is offline Member

if it is just the first 2 that are already out and the same version of the 3rd one and it comes in some nice box they could do like what LOTR did for their extended edition and include a slip in the 3rd one that has an order form for the box for like $5
    HDTV = Sharp Aquos LC32-GP1U
    Blu-ray Player=Playstation 3
    HD DVD Player=HD-A20
    = 230
    Latest Purchases = Traffic, Army of Shadows, 12 Angry Men
    = 15
    Final Purchase = Into the Wild

WB BDLive - squall4008, Disney BDLive - Guest 41775, PSN - squall4008

I got them when they came out, but I think it was predictable that a boxset would be coming.

I know and you know(as well as the companies) many people buy them when they are released, it's "normal", people want to watch them in their brand new tv or test their home theater, that's why many (like me) are checking constantly the future releases.

The same happened in standard dvd's you could buy the movie and in few months the dvd including extras was available

illegalprelude is offline Founding Member

hell yes. even though I own the first too, im on board of this one
    "PeAcE is but a shadow of death, desperate to forget its painful past"
    PowerMac G5 + MacBook Air+ Custom Gaming PC + PSPgo +500GB PlayStation 3 (Linux) + Xbox 360 Elite + Harmony 1000 + TiVo Series 3+ XM + Panamax 5100 + Sony 60" SXRD + Denon 2807 + Onkyo 6.1 Surround + AppleTV+ iPhone 3GS
    PSN: Fusion_Id
    It dreams in Blu-ray

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast