'The Maze Runner' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 01-06-2015, 01:45 PM

Default 'The Maze Runner' - High-Def Digest Review

E has reviewed 'The Maze Runner'. He says this is surprisingly engaging. The Blu-ray arrives with excellent video, demo-worthy audio, and plenty of supplements. Recommended.

Full review here:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/1477...azerunner.html
Old 01-06-2015, 04:19 PM

Might have to check this out at some point.

Personally, I want to check out the books first. Not sure if I should, because usually that spoils the movies for me a bit.
Old 01-06-2015, 09:25 PM

Don't read the book if you want to watch the movie. I read it, highly anticipated thr movie, ended being sorely disappointed
Old 01-06-2015, 09:40 PM

Am I alone in believing that the overall score should NEVER be higher than the actual movie score?
Old 01-07-2015, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormshadow4life View Post
Am I alone in believing that the overall score should NEVER be higher than the actual movie score?
The Overall score is a mathematical average of the Movie Itself, Video, Audio and Supplements scores.

3.5 + 4.5 + 5 + 2 = 15. Divided by four, that comes to 3.75, which rounds up to 4 stars.
My opinions are strictly my own, and do not necessarily reflect those of this site, its owners or employees.
Old 01-07-2015, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Susilo View Post
Don't read the book if you want to watch the movie. I read it, highly anticipated thr movie, ended being sorely disappointed
As a movie running 2 hours, I felt they did a pretty decent job of adapting the book. Although I will agree that it could have been better, but what book adaption ever is spot on?

What irks me the most is that Teresa is an after thought really, she has no purpose at all in the movie, while she is an integral and top character in the whole series, her connection with Thomas is almost completely removed from this first entry, especially their
Spoiler
Psychic connection

So that I wasnt too happy about, but the rest wasnt too shabby really and was better than I had expected. The 2nd book was pretty damn good too and I hope it can live up to it enough, a lot happens and the transition from the first book to the second, for me, was great. But the movie actually changed things up for the end while kind of keeping it the same, but it certainly didnt have the impact that the ending did to the first book and me of course HAVING to start the 2nd, as a fan of the book the movie didnt elicit those feelings obviously because I know the story, but I'm not sure the movie did that kind of job for people who havent read the books.

I HIGHLY recommend the books, I wasnt a huge fan of the ending to the trilogy, but overall it was some of the best reading I did last year, one of the few series that I couldnt put down at all
Old 01-07-2015, 02:52 PM

No "Escape" transfer = No sale.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hqbn-7kJGj0
My opinions are strictly my own, and do not necessarily reflect those of this site, its owners or employees.

Last edited by Josh Z; 01-07-2015 at 03:56 PM.
Old 01-07-2015, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Z View Post
No "Escape" transfer = No sale.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hqbn-7kJGj0 (Stupid video refuses to embed here.)
I figured out the problem when I tried to post videos here before. This site doesn't read Secure HTTP as being a URL, at least not when it comes to video.
Old 01-07-2015, 03:57 PM

There it is. Thanks, Shadow.
Old 01-07-2015, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Z View Post
There it is. Thanks, Shadow.
No prob ^_^ Just remember in the future "HDD hates video security" (or 'security video') to remind you to remove the 's' from HTTPS if you ever try to post a video in the forums again.