'Black Sails: Season One' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 01-06-2015, 12:36 PM

Default 'Black Sails: Season One' - High-Def Digest Review

Shannon has reviewed 'Black Sails: Season One'. He says this was a pleasant surprise. The actors are great, and the production values are top-notch. The series can be quite violent and profane at times, but if you're not offended by either extreme, you'll definitely want to check this out. Highly recommended.

Full review here:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/1409...seasonone.html
Old 01-06-2015, 08:18 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Lol Shannon - the Michael Bay comments, classic and so true.

Not having Premium Channels in my home, you make it sound like I should go out and buy this. So, file this one under maybe - if it's staring me in the face and the price is right.

Sounds like the packaging is begging to be replaced. Complaint department please. In addition to fingerprints, I would expect scratches.
Old 01-06-2015, 09:05 PM

Default This review is pirated.....

Your review is rather similar to the one written almost 10 days earlier on BluRay.com. You even used some of the same lingo. Hmm.

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Black-.../78942/#Review
Old 01-07-2015, 09:29 AM
HDD Reviewer/Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdprice74 View Post
Your review is rather similar to the one written almost 10 days earlier on BluRay.com. You even used some of the same lingo. Hmm.

If you're accusing me of plagiarism, it's not appreciated. As someone who's been a victim of that in the past, it's a sore spot with me. In fact, I actually AVOID reading any other reviews of Blu-rays so I can never be accused of this - or of even stealing ideas.

So anything in that review that matches this one is purely coincidental.
Old 01-07-2015, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdprice74 View Post

I call bullshit on this accusation. I've just compared the two reviews and see little in common between them with regard to how they are written, other than the obvious fact that they're both talking about the same content.

With only 39 posts in this forum, I have to wonder if this is a ploy to spam our forum and drive traffic to a competitor site.
My opinions are strictly my own, and do not necessarily reflect those of this site, its owners or employees.
Old 01-07-2015, 09:26 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

That user has been around awhile - I just reviewed all previous posts (all 38 of them) and do not see a pattern, except what genre is liked most and overall attitude.
Old 01-08-2015, 06:57 AM
HDD Reviewer/Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krawk View Post
That user has been around awhile - I just reviewed all previous posts (all 38 of them) and do not see a pattern, except what genre is liked most and overall attitude.
Well, I jumped over to look at the review as well (why, because I'm paranoid, that's why) and the only thing I can see is our use of one of the same screenshots from the release - which is no surprise, since that's a huge moment in the pilot episode. Other than that, I have no idea what he's referring to, but then again, I already knew I didn't steal anyone's content.

I had a major magazine writer 'lift' complete passages for reviews of The Phantom Menace and a DVD release of one of the seasons of Buffy once many a year ago and, while the writer is no longer working for said magazine (he was dismissed shortly thereafter, but the magazine in question never copped to the plagiarism), it remains a sore spot with me and is perhaps the worst thing a writer can be accused of. With that in mind, I'm going to assume the poster was just teasing us about some naturally occurring similarities, as the writer on that site seemed to like the show as well (although I don't think nearly as much as I did).
Old 11-17-2015, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShannonNutt from Season 1 Review
But don't let the fact that his name is listed as an Executive Producer on the box cover steer you away from taking a look at 'Black Sails'.
But I did. But now that Season 2 also got a high recommendation,
I'll reconsider. I might even pay more to not see Michael Bay's
name on the box cover.