'Sneakers,' 'Munich,' & 'The Andromeda Strain' coming February 17 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 01-01-2015, 12:51 PM

Default 'Sneakers,' 'Munich,' & 'The Andromeda Strain' coming February 17

Sneakers
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/16761/sneakers.html

Munich
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/16765/munich.html

The Andromeda Strain
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/1676...edastrain.html
Old 01-01-2015, 03:35 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Some people will be pleased with Munich

And already mentioned, Sneakers will be off the HD-DVD Exclusive list.
Old 01-01-2015, 07:54 PM

I'll get Munich. I have the 1 disc full screen edition DVD...so upgrading to blu-ray is a no-brainer. I'll pick up Sneakers too when it goes on sale, although I'm not expecting a huge upgrade over my HD DVD edition.
Old 02-19-2015, 07:54 AM

I ordered Andromeda Strain as soon as it was listed here. I received 2 E-Mails from Best Buy (exclusive?) telling me all was okay and they charged my account. Then I get another E-Mail changing the release date to March 27, and then a fourth saying it was changed back to Feb 17 for release. When I check my order status it's listed as "Out of Stock". Anyone else run into this?
Old 02-19-2015, 06:30 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Looks like a 5/5 release for the world outside of Best Buy.
Old 02-22-2015, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLTWS View Post
I ordered Andromeda Strain as soon as it was listed here. I received 2 E-Mails from Best Buy (exclusive?) telling me all was okay and they charged my account. Then I get another E-Mail changing the release date to March 27, and then a fourth saying it was changed back to Feb 17 for release. When I check my order status it's listed as "Out of Stock". Anyone else run into this?
Yes. Ran into the same issue with Munich although my credit card was not charged. It just showed pending. Then the BB site showed my order go to "backorder" status with a "possible" arrival date of March 20. I checked a number of BB stores in my area (I live in the L.A. area) and out of 5 stores, I found one that had the disc in stock (they had 5 when I called). I had them pull one, bought it and cancelled my on line order. Also, between the time that I called and they said they had 5, and the time I got to the store, which was about an hour, they had sold three others (the one they pulled for me was #4) and were down to just one left on the shelf. I feel lucky that I was able to find one in a store (I live in the L.A. area) as in store availability seems to have been very spotty as well. I have heard that this is happening on a rather large scale (there is a Munich thread on Blu-ray.com discussing this in great detail on how people feel that BB realy messed this whole "Exclusivity" thing up.