Horror movies with Atmos? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 12-18-2014, 02:46 PM

Default Horror movies with Atmos?

Because of a post Plissken made it got me thinking about genres other than action/adventure, and how Atmos could be well utilized. (Keep in mind, I don't have Atmos, nor have experienced).

What about horror movies? I have this vision of the chchch-ahahah from 'Friday the 13th' coming from eerily specific directions. Or creaking floor boards and scurrying mice in a haunted house movie.

Thoughts?
Old 12-18-2014, 03:22 PM

I'd love to hear the Resident Evil theme song remixed in ATMOS. You almost expect the reflections from that song to come from all over. I guess the effectiveness of it depends on who's mixing and directing and how aggressive they want to mix it. If I had an ATMOS set, I'd double dip and buy that film all over again.