'The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies' is up for preorder - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 12-17-2014, 12:17 PM

Default 'The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies' is up for preorder

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/1509...ivearmies.html
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/1629...earmies3d.html
Old 12-18-2014, 09:13 PM

Onya Amazon!! Nobody excels at announcing unannounced pre-orders more than you do... NOBODY!
Old 12-19-2014, 01:01 AM

The Hobbit This Did Not Need to be 3 Movies - The third installment of the Hobbit movies is one that brings a lot of great moments to the table, but it also adds a lot of negatives to the fray. This movie did not need to exist at all as there was so much left to be desired when it came to Smaug. His plot was just done in the first 10 minutes of the movie, which made it utterly pointless to even have his story continue here. They should have just ended it in the last movie. Also, most of the subplots that were made up for the movies have absolutely no pay off whatsoever, also making them nothing more but time padding. As always, Legolas has his character shields up to full capacity as he is still perfect in every way, making him the most frustrating character here, especially when he does not even belong in this story. The battle drags on for way too long and seems poorly edited at times. On the other hand, the music, sound effects, and cinematography were as fantastic as always. The dwarves remain bland and uninteresting as there is nothing to distinguish one from another, making them for some very boring characters with once again, little payoff. In fact, Saruman, Galadriel, and Elrond easily steal the show away from every other character and they are only on screen for maybe five minutes. Bilbo is great as always, but the only reason you want to see this character's adventure is to see how he gets to the Lord of the Rings trilogy. Overall, the movie gets a 6/10 stars. There are two amazing movies to be found in what is currently three okay to good movies. It is a shame Jackson and WB let the dragon's sickness get to them and turned it into three over blown, underwhelming movies.
Old 12-19-2014, 05:28 AM

I suggest everyone skip this upcoming barebones version and wait for the extended cut loaded with extras later in the year. In fact if you have watched Desolation of Smaug audio commentary by PJ, he himself suggests to always wait for the extended cut and not buy the theatrical edition.
Old 12-19-2014, 09:55 AM

I don't get this though. They say the EE is going to have 30 minutes of additional footage. Why couldn't they just put most of that in the movie since the theatrical cut is not even 2 and a half hours long? It feels like this time they are holding footage back just for the sake of it.
Old 12-19-2014, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
I don't get this though. They say the EE is going to have 30 minutes of additional footage. Why couldn't they just put most of that in the movie since the theatrical cut is not even 2 and a half hours long? It feels like this time they are holding footage back just for the sake of it.
LOL, yet you just previously bitched about it being too long and overbloated with too much content that shouldnt be there....

Make up your damn mind

I always wait for the extended directors cut, I love 3 hour fantasy epics and I personally dont care that they added all of this stuff, the Hobbit was a small book meant for kids and Jackson turned it into a more adult fare and fully connected the worlds together for the movies....its awesome
Old 12-19-2014, 01:17 PM

Looks like Future Shop will have a steelbook of this here in Canada again. Link doesn't seem to be working at the moment but I'll post it in the steelbooks forum when it is. This will probably be like the last two Hobbit steelbooks and just have the 2D version.
Old 12-20-2014, 02:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vidfreek View Post
LOL, yet you just previously bitched about it being too long and overbloated with too much content that shouldnt be there....

Make up your damn mind

I always wait for the extended directors cut, I love 3 hour fantasy epics and I personally dont care that they added all of this stuff, the Hobbit was a small book meant for kids and Jackson turned it into a more adult fare and fully connected the worlds together for the movies....its awesome
Just because I do not think they needed to be 3 movies does not mean I am not buying the EE. The EE have had important scenes in them, and scenes from the book. I love the movies, but that does not mean I can not be frustrated in them and call them out for their inadequacies. I would still take another 3 hour Middle Earth movie over another adaptation or sequel to an 80s toy commercial.
Old 02-08-2015, 04:19 PM

March 24th is the rumored release date for the blu and 3D blu release (the theatrical cut). The extended cut blu and 3D blu...with 30 minutes of additional footage...is rumored to be released on November 3.
Old 02-08-2015, 09:20 PM

Any word of a 3 hour cut for the ENTIRE trilogy?