'Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles' 3D and 2D (with Dolby Atmos) - High-Def Digest Reviews - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 12-15-2014, 12:44 PM

Default 'Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles' 3D and 2D (with Dolby Atmos) - High-Def Digest Reviews

Shannon and E have reviewed the 2D and 3D 'Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles' Blu-rays. Despite what you've heard, they say this one is worth a look. Here's why...

3D
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/1335...les20143d.html

2D (with Dolby Atmos review)
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/1335...rtles2014.html
Old 12-15-2014, 03:39 PM

I enjoyed the movie, thought the action was pretty cool, the subtle gestures to the original. Still can't get over those bloody snouts though.
Old 12-15-2014, 04:37 PM

Dammit, Shannon, you're breaking down my resistance to a movie that I have little interest in except for its Dolby Atmos track. I don't really want to buy this, but now that you've made it sound like it's not as unwatchably horrible as I (naturally) expected it to be, I find myself reconsidering it, and I really don't need to do that right now.
My opinions are strictly my own, and do not necessarily reflect those of this site, its owners or employees.
Old 12-15-2014, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Z View Post
Dammit, Shannon, you're breaking down my resistance to a movie that I have little interest in except for its Dolby Atmos track. I don't really want to buy this, but now that you've made it sound like it's not as unwatchably horrible as I (naturally) expected it to be, I find myself reconsidering it, and I really don't need to do that right now.
Ditto lol, I think I'll give it a shot and try to keep an open mind. Still say the 1990 turtles look better though.
Old 12-15-2014, 07:15 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Z View Post
Is the MetalPak calling your name or the 3D release?

Still, with 2.5 stars, what was you expecting?
Old 12-15-2014, 08:30 PM

I watch almost zero of these types of movies, SPECIFICALLY so I can enjoy the few I do watch. I can't wait.
Old 12-15-2014, 10:39 PM

Picking this one up in the morning. Will try and get the steelbook if it's not sold out. I can live without the Steele if it is, however.

Nice review Shannon.
Old 12-16-2014, 12:15 AM

I doubt there will be a problem finding this movie in steel book form. No one is really going to buy it. Plus, steelbooks don't seem to be that rare. I am seeing them all over the place.

I'll watch it when Netflix has it, but I will not pay to see this thing. In fact, the only reason I have any reason to watch it is because I do want to see this scene Doug Walker praised about the turtles starting to play their weapons like instruments.
Old 12-16-2014, 01:19 AM

the reviewer said what do we expect from these movies but he forgets the original movie was a great movie in it self with a good story about the turtles and family.

this movie was trash imo with the turtles looking stupid and needless background changes.
Old 12-16-2014, 07:37 AM
HDD Reviewer/Blogger

At the very least, Josh, you'll get a good reference disc (at least from what's available so far) for Dolby Atmos. I'm guessing this is much, much easier to sit through than, say, Transformers: Age of Extinction.

Everyone needs to keep in mind I said it's "worth a look", not necessarily "recommended". Meaning, I didn't hate the movie, but I'm unlikely to watch it again anytime soon. The reference-quality a/v certainly makes it more appealing, even if the plot/story is rather by-the-numbers.

Also, for the poster who commented about my "what did anyone expect" - if you read my review, that's directed toward the critics, not the fans...I'm more than aware this movie didn't live up to die-hard fans' expectations...I don't think the majority of critics who bashed the film were doing so because it didn't honor the original comic rendition - as I said, I think they were just waiting to jump on Michael Bay and Megan Fox, and considering the work those two have delivered in the past, TMNT isn't nearly as bad as it could have been.