Exodus: Gods and Kings (Blu-ray) 3-17-2015 release date - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 12-13-2014, 06:49 PM
Banned

Default Exodus: Gods and Kings (Blu-ray) 3-17-2015 release date

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/exodus-g...&skuId=1878038
Old 12-13-2014, 06:50 PM
Banned

I will be interested in purchasing the 3-D version of Exodus Gods and Kings on Blu-ray

On Friday December 12th 2014 I went to the local movie theater to see Exodus Gods and Kings in a RealD 3-D theater. Ridley Scott dedicated this movie to his brother Tony Scott. This Exodus Gods and Kings movie is for everyone. The story of Moses is popular with the Judaism faith, Christian faith, and the Islamic faith (this is the target audience for this type of faith based movie). This movie has a $140 million dollar budget.

The 3-D quality of Exodus was very good and the special effects were excellent. It is nice seeing the story of Moses in realistic 3-D with excellent high quality special effects. However, I enjoyed the classic 1956 Cecil B. DeMille’s Ten Commandments storyline more since I preferred the way God is shown in the 1956 version of the story of Moses and the Exodus. This new Exodus movie has both excellent historical accuracies and historical errors. I just wish the storyline were a little better in the theatrical release.

I am a fan of Ridley Scott and Tony Scott movies. Some movies I like better than others. Some of the review links below will mention a few negatives about the movie. From a Biblical point of view this movie was not perfect, however I plan on purchasing the Blu-ray version when it is released since there were some positive historical accuracies in Ridley Scotts Exodus with excellent special effects. I do disagree with the artistic license of using an image of a Child as being God instead of God being a spirit.

The following are quotes from the Movieguide website

Strong God-centered, moral worldview with some redemptive elements about Moses going from an atheist to a servant of God, with the false god of Egypt renounced,…”

“EXODUS: GODS AND KINGS tries to follow the Bible, but it does so in a manner that avoids the richness of the biblical story and could be summarized as the Cliff Note version of a comic book version of the story of Moses and the Exodus.”

EXODUS: GODS AND KINGS Movieguide review

The following are quotes from Creation Ministries International website

“But if you can accept that it’s Hollywood with a semblance of real history thrown in—and not expect too much—you may even enjoy it, though likely tinged with sadness about the ‘missing bits’.

Now if only I could get my money back from that Noah movie debacle.”

http://creation.com/exodus-gods-and-kings

The following are quotes from World Net Daily website:

“The portrayal of God as a willful, angry and petulant child in ‘Exodus’ will be a deal breaker for most people of faith around the world,” said Chris Stone, the founder of the North Carolina-based consumer advocacy group Faith Driven Consumer.”

“Christians, Jews and Muslims alike see this story as foundational and will find this false portrayal and image of God to be deeply incompatible both with scriptures and their deeply held beliefs.”

“Stone continued. “Audiences of faith may look at it and think, ‘This is my story, but it doesn’t look anything like my story,’ and that’s going to cause Christians, Jews and Muslims to pause. The three major world religions may say,‘That’s not my story.’ And that will be a problem for ‘Exodus.’”

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2014/12/exodus-gives-3-major-faiths-false-portrayal-of-god/#Uovhqcet2Iw41EJE.99

Last edited by HDTV1080P; 12-13-2014 at 07:01 PM.
Old 12-14-2014, 11:22 AM

Is this going to be Ridley Scott's uncut version or just the theatrical one? I haven't bothered to watch it in the theater because I want to see the version that actually develops the characters and plot.
Old 12-14-2014, 12:16 PM
Banned

At this time I do not know what version is going to be released on Blu-ray.
Old 12-21-2014, 12:21 PM
Banned

Exodus: Gods and Kings (Answers in Genesis movie review)

I just finished reading the Exodus Gods and Kings movie review from the Answers in Genesis website. When compared to the Noah movie review, this Exodus Gods and Kings movie review is overall positive (just a few negative comments about historical accuracy, etc).

The following are select word for word quotes from the Answers in Genesis website

“Most important, from a historical point of view, is the fact that by placing the Exodus in the 13th century BC at the time of Ramses the Great, archaeological evidence in support of the biblical event is completely missing.”

“Though the Old Testament confirms that God interacted with Moses in a unique, face-to-face way (Exodus 33:11) somewhat reflected in the friendship the movie eventually develops between Christian Bale and the boy portraying God, nothing in the Exodus account describes the manifestation of God to Moses as boy-like.”

“Much more bothersome than the sort of character cast as God’s messenger or bodily manifestation was the lack of any hint of holiness in this God’s character. The holiness of God is distinctly missing from the encounter at the burning bush onward.”

“How an artist or theologian handles the parting of the Red Sea is a litmus test for just how literally they take the history in the Bible.”

“Thus, whether the writers of the movie intended to or not, they have here declared the importance of standing on the authority of God’s written Word, the Bible.”

Old 12-22-2014, 01:56 AM

Historical accuracy? They are talking about a story from a work of fiction.
Old 12-22-2014, 03:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDTV1080P View Post
At this time I do not know what version is going to be released on Blu-ray.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
Historical accuracy? They are talking about a story from a work of fiction.
At this time I can't stop laughing.
Old 12-22-2014, 10:47 AM

A fox and a hound engage in pleasant conversation, until they realize who they are...
Old 03-22-2015, 10:29 PM
Banned

I ended up purchasing the Best Buy exclusive version on Blu-ray 3-D for Exodus Gods and Kings since it comes with 30 additional minutes of bonus material. However since I am extremely busy right now on major projects it might be a few months before I have time to watch this Blu-ray. I have already seen the movie in the theater. If I have time I might make some brief comments about this movie once I watch all the extra features. I am glad to see a 7.1 lossless audio release.
Old 03-23-2015, 09:31 AM

I can't wait to get this. I am a HUGE Christian Bale fan