'The Fluffy Movie: Extended Edition' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 12-09-2014, 11:58 AM

Default 'The Fluffy Movie: Extended Edition' - High-Def Digest Review

Bryan has reviewed 'The Fluffy Movie: Extended Edition'. Check it out!

Full review here:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/1350...ededition.html
Old 12-09-2014, 01:51 PM

"...and while it may contain a little bit of cursing, parents shouldn't mind"

Hmmm...yeah, I'd agree, but my Dad uses a website (I think it's www.kids-in-mind.com) that details all the profanity, gore/violence, and sex/nudity. He's kinda weird in that he'll go see the most violent movies out there, but not if they show boobs or drop the F bomb at all.

Anyway, thought it'd be helpful for those that care about this stuff...not sure I've seen this discussed here before.
Old 12-15-2014, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinnyb37 View Post
Hmmm...yeah, I'd agree, but my Dad uses a website (I think it's www.kids-in-mind.com) that details all the profanity, gore/violence, and sex/nudity. He's kinda weird in that he'll go see the most violent movies out there, but not if they show boobs or drop the F bomb at all.
This doesn't surprise me, I am similar. I don't use that website, but I usually like to know why a movie received its rating. There is a big difference between an R rating on The Passion of the Christ, Braveheart or The Patriot versus an R rating on Team America, Pulp Fiction, Sex Lies and Videotape versus an R rating on Terminator, Total Recall, Aliens, Predator, RoboCop vs TV-MA on Game of Thrones, Big Love, South Park. Of course, usually, the MPAA will give a brief synopsis in the rating as to why it got that rating.
Old 12-15-2014, 03:10 PM

As far as this movie (different topic so different post), I saw it at the theater, and honestly thought it was the least funny of all his shows. I loved all of his previous direct-to-video or direct-to-cable shows, and can watch them again and again, and die laughing every time. I saw this at the theater, and rarely cracked a smile. Maybe my expectations were just too high.
Old 12-17-2014, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gravis778 View Post
This doesn't surprise me, I am similar.
My Dad's from Lubbock and lives in Plains, so maybe it's a Texas thing

Just kidding...I do like the website and it is nice to know why movies are given the ratings they are. Even though I'd rather see a movie that has cussing than one that shows torturing people in violent ways, we're all a bit different. We don't often see movies together (except our Xmas classics), we sure do love watching baseball games together!