'Batman: The Complete Series (Standard Edition)' is coming December 16 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 11-20-2014, 02:24 PM

Default 'Batman: The Complete Series (Standard Edition)' is coming December 16

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/1556...rdedition.html
Old 11-20-2014, 04:17 PM
HDD Reviewer/Blogger

Honestly, this is a big middle finger from Warners to everyone who invested in the current sets, thinking those would be the only releases and/or the only release with the bonus disc. I feel bad for those who purchased the Blu-ray set and really didn't want the playing cards and batmobile (or the script and Adam West DVD if one got the www.batmanondvd.com set) and now is learning of this set.
Old 11-20-2014, 07:05 PM

My grandkid loves the toy batmobile and the other stuff is cool. I'm not anti-swag. Still hoping for a sale on the box set for Black Friday. I got mine at Costco for $174.95, but if they offer it on sale within 30 days of purchase then I'll get a price adjustment from them.

Will be interesting to see the price point on the basic set and if they offer the UV code with it. This might be just like the German set and that one didn't have a UV code, while the swag UK set (which I believe is identical to the U.S. and is part of the 95k LE) did.
Old 11-20-2014, 07:24 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Not a very big difference in price though. Actually this one is currently higher than the previous deluxe set.
I agree with Shannon but we should have known, this being Warner and all.
Old 11-20-2014, 07:27 PM

I hate swag, but I gotta agree.

For Bruce Lee fans, this is what we are going to have to have until a Green Hornet set comes out..if it ever does. The cross over episode was a hoot. Buying this might help it get released.
Old 11-20-2014, 08:41 PM
HDD Reviewer/Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krawk View Post
Not a very big difference in price though. Actually this one is currently higher than the previous deluxe set.
I agree with Shannon but we should have known, this being Warner and all.
Well, its list price is $30 less. I'm assuming we'll see it for about $30 less than the current two Blu-ray sets once it streets. What bothers me the most is that Warners KNEW they were releasing this, but were mum about it...it's not like it's been six months since the first release...it's been ONE week!
Old 11-20-2014, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShannonNutt View Post
Well, its list price is $30 less. I'm assuming we'll see it for about $30 less than the current two Blu-ray sets once it streets. What bothers me the most is that Warners KNEW they were releasing this, but were mum about it...it's not like it's been six months since the first release...it's been ONE week!
Agree it's lame. Sure a couple of months later then fine, but one week?!