'Lucy' is coming January 20 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 11-17-2014, 12:51 PM

Default 'Lucy' is coming January 20

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/15389/lucy.html
Old 11-17-2014, 04:31 PM

I'm a Luc Besson fan, but this is one of those movies that looks so over the top that it's boring.

A girl with unlimited power? What is there interesting to expect? She gets powerful, they go "oh no!", and (I'd imagine) the story goes with her starting as a weak character, then getting close to being consumed by her new power, then finds her way back to a semblance of humanity.

I'd like to be proven wrong, but I expect this to be basically 'Salt'+'Limitless'.
Old 11-17-2014, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJScorpio View Post
I'm a Luc Besson fan, but this is one of those movies that looks so over the top that it's boring.

A girl with unlimited power? What is there interesting to expect? She gets powerful, they go "oh no!", and (I'd imagine) the story goes with her starting as a weak character, then getting close to being consumed by her new power, then finds her way back to a semblance of humanity.

I'd like to be proven wrong, but I expect this to be basically 'Salt'+'Limitless'.
*shrug* it's an ok movie but it squanders a ton of potential.
I found that the middle section where Lucy is learning what she's capable of could have been a good 30 minutes longer and the movie would have been better for it.. the ending was disappointing especially with the very short running time.

I won't give it a letter grade, but on a thumbs up/down it got an up from me.
Old 11-17-2014, 11:22 PM

Movie sucked, especially the second half.
Old 11-17-2014, 11:26 PM

I've had this movie pre-ordered for awhile now. Amazon tried to cancel it, when they couldn't give me an estimated ship date. Then, they gave me an estimated ship date, and just recently, it was moved again. Six months seems like a long time to wait for a film to hit blu-ray after its release date now days.
Old 11-17-2014, 11:26 PM

That seems curiously late for a movie that released in the Summer. You would think they would want to get some holiday sales.

Part of The Finer Things Club, The Ghostbusters Club, The American Psycho Club, The SDF on 360 Club