High-Def Digest's Holiday Gift Guide 2014: All the Best Blu-rays and High-Def Goodies - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 11-14-2014, 03:42 PM

Default High-Def Digest's Holiday Gift Guide 2014: All the Best Blu-rays and High-Def Goodies

This year has seen plenty of stellar Blu-ray releases. Let High-Def Digest help you pick out the very best gifts and stocking stuffers for your film-and-TV-loving family and friends!

Check out our complete list right here:

http://www.highdefdigest.com/news/sh...-goodies/19221
Old 11-14-2014, 10:35 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Kevin's compiled quite a list - Overall a large percentage of them are (or will be) in my collection.
Already showing violent anger though for The Gremlins - more so because Warner at the last second stiffed us all by making their whole batch of Diamond Luxe Editions Best Buy Exclusives. Are the covers on these as breathtaking as we're being led to believe? A strong maybe. I am sure we all could add our favorites or argue why a certain movie should be excluded.

Actually, since we're talking Diamond Luxe, I thought the cover art for Lawrence of Arabia was pretty stunning as well.
Old 11-15-2014, 11:20 AM

Just for some other holiday options, BB is also releasing a few new steelbook exclusives, for around $15, on 11/23/2014. They likely all have new artwork. As to not take away too much from this thread/article, I'll put the list in the spoilers below.
Spoiler
Fifth Element
Stripes
Leon: The Professional
Drive
District 9
Desperado
Kung Fu Hustle
Dr. Strangelove
Snatch
Karate Kid (1984)
The Raid
Taxi Driver
Superbad
Easy Rider
Das Boot
Tommy

They also have 3D steelbook exclusives of Guardians of the Galaxy and Sin City 2.

As for this article, I already have these out of the holiday list: Frozen, Maleficent, Lego Movie, X-Men Days of Future Past, and Edge of Tomorrow. I also have these on pre-order: Dawn of the Planet of the Apes, Guardians of the Galaxy, HTTYD 2, Wind Rises, and TMNT. Others I'd like to see: UHF, The Innocents, Maze Runner, Earth to Echo, and Dead Snow 2.