'Transformers: Age of Extinction' & 'Transformers: Age of Extinction 3D' HDD Reviews - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 09-17-2014, 09:02 PM

Default 'Transformers: Age of Extinction' & 'Transformers: Age of Extinction 3D' HDD Reviews

Michael S. Palmer has reviewed 'Transformers: Age of Extinction' & 'Transformers: Age of Extinction 3D'. This is the first Dolby Atmos release, and he has all the details on that as well.

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/1271...xtinction.html

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/1354...inction3d.html
Old 09-17-2014, 09:09 PM

Boy this seems like it came out fast, it's still at the bloody movies here. Edge of Tomorrow isn't even out yet and I'm sure that FINISHED at the movies before this even started.

Will be purchased for eye and ear candy purposes.
Old 09-17-2014, 09:21 PM

Thanks for the review, can't wait to break the sub with this one!

One thing, in the review you stated 7.1 TrueHD multiple times, but those screencaps you show only had TrueHD 5.1 in them. Typo?
Old 09-17-2014, 09:27 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

The audio selection track certainly seems confusing. It should be simplified. Dolby Atmos/True HD 7.1

And may we please also have Josh Z's "The Movie Itself" rating?

I am like Shannon, have the other 3, will most likely get this one but still have not opened them yet.
Old 09-17-2014, 09:35 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Favelle View Post
Thanks for the review, can't wait to break the sub with this one!

One thing, in the review you stated 7.1 TrueHD multiple times, but those screencaps you show only had TrueHD 5.1 in them. Typo?
Hey, Favelle, check this SCREENGRAB one more time.

The Audio options are as follows:

--Dolby Atmos (select this for 7.1 TrueHD if you do not have Atmos)
--5.1 English Dolby Digital (NOT TrueHD)
--2.0 English Dolby Digital (NOT TrueHD)
--French, Spanish, etc. in 5.1 (NOT TrueHD)

Does that answer your question?
Old 09-17-2014, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krawk View Post
The audio selection track certainly seems confusing. It should be simplified. Dolby Atmos/True HD 7.1

I am like Shannon, have the other 3, will most likely get this one but still have not opened them yet.
Why would you ask for another reviewer's rating of the film? That's pretty distasteful. Moreover, Palmer's paragraph explaining his "The Movie itself" rating was a stroke of genius. I would hope you would be more appreciative of that. He clearly told us that he would subjectively give the film a 1-star rating, while also explaining that the film did everything that it set out to do for fans of such nihilism.
Old 09-18-2014, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krawk View Post

I'm not trying to personally bash you, but why did you buy them and not open them? I find it mildly annoying when people do that. I typically only buy movies I want to watch.

Also, I agree that it is a bit distasteful to request a second opinion on the movie itself here. Have you really NOT read enough critics' opinions on the movie to decide if it's for you of not? He did a pretty good job of laying it out for people of different tastes. Whether you'll like this one is not that hard to figure out.
Old 09-18-2014, 01:06 AM

A 3 is too much for a movie we have alreadly gotten three times beforehand.
Old 09-18-2014, 01:54 AM

Great review Michael!! Though I'll be getting the 3D IMAX version (as if i needed to think about it first,lol), good to hear the 2D blu delivers BIG TIME in pq and aq. Look forward to reading the 3D review.
Old 09-18-2014, 05:11 AM

I believe that all reviews should have a second opinion box or score... since opinions on movies are subjective and personal anyways. Perhaps Krawk finds that his tastes are more in line with Josh's opinion, and is curious to know his thoughts on TF4... if you actually understood what Michael S Palmer was saying about the nature of reviews, then you would likely assume that feedback on this film from other reviewers would be welcomed, not taken as an insult.