'Hannibal: Season Two' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 09-15-2014, 01:42 PM

Default 'Hannibal: Season Two' - High-Def Digest Review

Luke has reviewed 'Hannibal: Season Two'. He says this season is just as shocking, twisted, and entertaining as the first. Highly recommended. Here's why...

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/1291...seasontwo.html
Old 09-15-2014, 02:00 PM

Season 1 of this show was really good. Season 2 was absolutely amazing! Easily the best drama on network television.
In fact, I now prefer the show over ANY of the movies. Mads' Hannibal makes Hopkins' seem like a cartoon character in comparison
Old 09-15-2014, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormshadow4life View Post
Season 1 of this show was really good. Season 2 was absolutely amazing! Easily the best drama on network television.
In fact, I now prefer the show over ANY of the movies. Mads' Hannibal makes Hopkins' seem like a cartoon character in comparison
So true. While I watched this season week-to-week as it aired, I got so much more out of it while binge-watching all 13 episodes over five evenings. This series is a gem. I hope the viewership gets stronger so that we're sure to get the full series. What Fuller and his team have in mind sounds pretty amazing.
Old 09-15-2014, 04:01 PM

I have no idea how Fuller is even going to top season two. The first 15 minutes or so of episode one sets up the rest of the season perfectly. And the casting on this show has show far been great. I just hate that
Spoiler
Raúl Esparza
did not make it past season two.

I would love to see this show gain a bigger audience but it has two things working against. First being on Friday nights and the second being the graphic nature of the show. Regardless, I can't wait for season three to begin. I am just glad NBC decided to carry it for at least one, but hopefully at the minimum two more seasons.
Old 09-15-2014, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkdaze73 View Post
I just hate that
Spoiler
Raúl Esparza
did not make it past season two.
Watch the Comic Con panel that I linked to in my post.
Old 09-15-2014, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke Hickman View Post
Watch the Comic Con panel that I linked to in my post.
That's great! I liked him on
Spoiler
Law & Order: SVU
and thought he was even better on Hannibal. This is by far my favorite show on tv as the writing and acting is just superb. And Mads kills it as Hannibal(pun not intended). I can not wait to see the aftermath of the season two finale.
Old 09-15-2014, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkdaze73 View Post
That's great! I liked him on
Spoiler
Law & Order: SVU
and thought he was even better on Hannibal. This is by far my favorite show on tv as the writing and acting is just superb. And Mads kills it as Hannibal(pun not intended). I can not wait to see the aftermath of the season two finale.
Right?! I couldn't believe where Season 2 ended. So much is up in the air. I've never seen a series with the stones to do something so drastic just moments before the closing credits.

I've never seen him on SVU, but I also love him here. He's such a lovable moral-less sleezeball. In the commentaries, Fuller refers to him as comedic relief. I don't know if I agree with that, but he's so much fun to watch. Totally deserves what he gets. And he takes a lick and keeps on ticking.

I'm dying for season three to kick off. It kills me that we're still several months away.
Old 09-15-2014, 10:06 PM

"Twelve Weeks Earlier.”
Old 09-15-2014, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormshadow4life View Post
I now prefer the show over ANY of the movies.
Frankly, I now even prefer it to any of the books. What Fuller has done with Harris' source material is amazing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke Hickman View Post
In the commentaries, Fuller refers to him as comedic relief. I don't know if I agree with that, but he's so much fun to watch.
Of course he's comedy relief! Chilton's character basically boils down to:

And that's fine. He's very fun. Chilton is, after all, the first one to make the "Hannibal the Cannibal" connection.

Raúl Esparza's performance is so gloriously campy sometimes.
Old 09-16-2014, 11:38 AM

I'm glad to see that others love this series as much as I do. You may shout "blasphemy!" to me for it, but both this series and 'Fargo' just might be better than the original movies.