'From Dusk Till Dawn' Preorder on Amazon? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 09-11-2014, 03:46 PM

Default 'From Dusk Till Dawn' Preorder on Amazon?

Amazon has a preorder up for a bluray edition of 'From Dusk Till Dawn.' It is supposed to be released on October 7th. Where can I find out the specs on this disc and whether or not it's a new edition or just a re-release of the old shitty Echo Bridge version. This site does not have it listed as an official release on its release dates page. Thanks for any help you can provide.
Old 09-11-2014, 04:52 PM

I'm guessing it's for the tv show.
Old 09-11-2014, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilResident View Post
I'm guessing it's for the tv show.
No. The series comes out next week, from eOne.

Echo Bridge lost the physical media rights to the small portion of the old Miramax catalog that they distributed on Blu-ray and DVD, From Dusk Til Dawn included.

Lionsgate, which has had the digital rights to the bulk of the Miramax films since Disney sold the company off, recently acquired the physical media rights to the EB titles, too.

It looks like Lionsgate is releasing their own disc of From Dusk Til Dawn in October. It remains to be seen if their version will have extras and a new transfer, simply be a repackaging of old Echo stock, or something in between.

When Lionsgate UK released the film on Blu-ray a couple of years ago, their disc used the newer master that's the basis of the crappy Echo Bridge transfer/encode (the master is fine but EBs compression was crap) and included the old DVD extras. I expect something similar with this new Lionsgate US release. At the very least, according to Amazon, Lionsgate is also including an HD Digital copy.

Would be nice if this version included Full-Tilt Boogie and the extras on that too, but I don't expect it will at $14.99 MSRP.

The Faculty is getting re-released by Lionsgate on the same day.
Old 09-11-2014, 07:39 PM

Oooh awesome! I have the EB 4-pack with the sequels and FTB. I'd love to pick up a better transfer of the original movie and stick this disc in with it.