Idea: Odor-vision! - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 09-11-2014, 02:40 PM

Default Idea: Odor-vision!

I know stuff like this had been done before in theaters, long ago, perhaps several times, but in an error of crazy expensive BD releases with statues and special cases, this idea may work...

You know those plug in room fresheners that run on timers, and change the smell every few hours?

What if you had a plug in odor producing device, that had a visible timer and an infrared receiver, which is set to recognize all brands of remotes' pause/play/fast forward/rewind/stop. It comes bundled with a movie.

So you watch the movie, and as the movie progresses, the device fills the room with odors related to what is on screen.

Beach scene smells like salt water, shoot out in a junk yard smells like gun powder and motor oil, scene in a gentlemen's club...well...you get the idea.
Old 09-11-2014, 03:16 PM

The woman sitting next to me on the subway this morning had such terrible b.o. that I wanted to cut my nose off so that I'd never have to smell anything so awful again in life. I immediately got up and walked to the other end of the train car, but the stench was so bad that there was no getting away from it.

So, no. I would not buy a product like this.
Old 09-11-2014, 03:33 PM

Warning: Don't watch Larry the Cable Guy with smell-o-vision
Old 09-11-2014, 05:31 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Z View Post
The woman sitting next to me on the subway this morning had such terrible b.o. that I wanted to cut my nose off so that I'd never have to smell anything so awful again in life.
Unfortunately I have a very sensitive nose. I work in the public and some of these people I can tell where they've been 20 minutes prior, they're that bad (or my nose is that good.)

Did they not experiment with smellovision in the 50's ? I am not referring to the ventilation system being ducted from the snack bar to the theater auditorium either.