Your Blu-Ray collection...Quality or Quantity? - High-Def Digest Forums
View Poll Results: My BD collection: Quality VS Quantity
Quality is #1. Not a huge collection, but nearly all are fantastic. 1 4.35%
Moderate sized collection, overall good quality, but a guilty pleasures mixed in. 5 21.74%
I have a huge collection, all are excellent films. 1 4.35%
I have a hefty collection, a mix of great films, guilty pleasures, and random stinkers. 15 65.22%
I have a massive collection, most anything you can name. Wanna watch 'Soul Plane'? 1 4.35%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-04-2014, 04:32 PM

Default Your Blu-Ray collection...Quality or Quantity?

If your collection had to fall into one of the categories in the poll, which one?
Old 09-04-2014, 04:50 PM

Mine would be a quality collection if the items are adjusted for purchase price.

Some items that were priced at a rental rate, get the:
"WTF, I might as well buy it."
Old 09-04-2014, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timcharger View Post
Mine would be a quality collection if the items are adjusted for purchase price.

Some items that were priced at a rental rate, get the:
"WTF, I might as well buy it."
I'm trying to get rid of some of those "might as well" purchases by reselling them on Amazon, but I have to stop myself from buying more in the first place.

Just yesterday, I almost bought a copy of '10,000 BC' used for $2.99. I actually enjoyed the movie, but I thought to myself, 'If someone came over and saw it, then asked if I wanted to watch it then and there, would I want to?" That is the standard I try and keep with my collection.
Old 09-04-2014, 06:31 PM

Not exactly sure what people here would define as 'hefty', but yeah I've got a fairly decent collection. Some are classics of various types, many are solid, a fair few I like even if the majority think they're 'meh' or crap, and a some are ones I bought thinking I might like them but didn't. There are a number of my BDs I haven't even opened yet (though some of those are of films/shows I have seen before). There are several that are kind of worthless to me because they lack English subs and since I'm hearing impaired, I kind of need those.

My entire BD collection occupies a bookcase maybe 2.5 feet wide and 6.5 feet tall.

Each shelf can hold a bit over 50 titles, and over 7 shelves full. So yeah, I've got maybe 225 movies and a number of TV season sets.

One of these days I'll catalogue them.
Old 09-04-2014, 06:35 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow of Death View Post

I use Movie Collector Pro from collectorz.com but if I had to start all over again would probably use a different program based on principle (I feel the author of the program is a dick)
Old 09-05-2014, 01:41 AM

I chose 'moderate' collection, as a little less than 400 blu-rays (including blu-ray 3D, but not including combo packs) probably isn't considered hefty compared to many collectors that have 4,000+. Heck, my total movie collection is less than 1,600.
Old 09-05-2014, 03:37 AM

I am currently at 1231 HD movies, 91 HD DVDs and 1140 Blu Rays. I chose the "mix of great films, guilty pleasures, and random stinkers" option. Every movie I buy is either great or a guilty pleasure... time sometimes turns them into stinkers. My collection has certainly evolved, there are many movies I had on DVD I didn't bother replacing.

BTW, I've used DVD Profiler for many many years, I love it!
Old 09-05-2014, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow of Death View Post
I use My Movies. Much, much, much better than DVD Profiler.
Old 09-05-2014, 08:48 AM

Mine are scattered in no real category. I have special editions on a bookshelf. Regular ones are in drawers
My Criterions are my most prized collection, I keep them in a rack altogether. The boxed sets are in a separate bin.

I buy blu rays I know will want to watch the movie more than once and hopefully they will have special features.
Old 09-05-2014, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plissken99 View Post
BTW, I've used DVD Profiler for many many years, I love it!
Same here. I love it and I don't think anything else comes close.