MGM re-releases with "Halloween faceplates" - - - September 9th - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 08-31-2014, 10:20 AM

Default MGM re-releases with "Halloween faceplates" - - - September 9th

Hey everyone. I just happened to stumble across these last night. All of these get released on September 9th.

Return of the Living Dead
Spoiler

Misery
Spoiler

Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2
Spoiler

Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1978)
Spoiler

Silence of the Lambs
Spoiler

Child's Play
Spoiler

Last House on the Left (1972)
Spoiler

Jeepers Creepers
Spoiler

Teen Wolf
Spoiler

Killer Klowns From Outer Space
Spoiler
Old 08-31-2014, 10:21 AM

Two more:

Carrie (1976)
Spoiler

The Amityville Horror (1979)
Spoiler
Old 08-31-2014, 10:26 AM

I can't really find too much info on these on the internet. I got all this info from the Future Shop website. They're all $9.99 on pre-order. I don't THINK these are Canadian exclusives though, however Amazon . com has no listing for them (yet).

Does anyone have anymore info on these? What exactly are these faceplates? Are they metal? Plastic? Cardboard? Just a slipcover? The artwork for them look terrific. Already pre-ordered a few of them. Just wondered if anyone had any more info on these seeing as how I can't find any articles about these releases anywhere.
Old 08-31-2014, 09:15 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

These covers look like prettier versions of the f'ugly covers thread I posted a couple of months ago.
Prettier in that they have a little more detail. So instead of 5th grade art project, they look more like a 9th grade comic book art project.
Old 08-31-2014, 11:17 PM

I'll have to pick up Killer Klowns from Outer Space. Been hankering to watch that one with a 6 pack on board.
Old 09-01-2014, 01:40 AM

You can find these on the Foxconnect website. They have been re-releasing movies with alternate cover art and slipcovers lately. There are a bunch more being released with alternate cover art/slipcovers on their site. I recently noticed in Best Buy that they had released their "Icons" cover art series which is still located in the pre-order section on the Foxconnect site.

For those interested in ordering some of these or other titles from their site, just go to the top right cover where it says "Join the Club". Mouse over it and sign up for a 30% off code. It works on most items including pre-orders as long as it is <$100. There are a few titles that are excluded from being discounted.