'Toy Story of Terror!' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 08-25-2014, 12:44 PM

Default 'Toy Story of Terror!' - High-Def Digest Review

Bryan has reviewed 'Toy Story of Terror!' He says this is an excellent edition to the Pixar and 'Toy Story' universe. The video and audio presentations on this Blu-ray are both demo quality, while the extras are all worth watching. Disney has also priced this quite reasonably. Highly recommended!

Full review here:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/1227...yofterror.html
Old 08-25-2014, 01:54 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

At a discounted price of $12.96 for a 22 minute production, is it reasonably priced?

Setting that aside, thanks Bryan for the great review. This is one of those wait-and-see titles. The high marks and the explanations go a very long way in making my mind up for me to a must buy.

If the disc is a 50GB disc the bitrate must be through the roof. Unless we've gotten to a production standpoint that it's cheaper to made dual layer discs. Put the main feature on one layer, everything else on another.

I might contemplate doing this as a combo deal with DMC or something.
Old 08-25-2014, 02:07 PM

It also includes the other shorts. $13 ain't bad.

Any game that features paid loot boxes should be rated AO.
Old 08-25-2014, 04:10 PM

I was happy to add this to my collection. I love all the shorts. I actually think it might be cool to spin the series off into a tv show now that they're owned by a new kid. I realize that'd be pretty much impossible without changing VAs though, which I wouldn't like.
Old 08-26-2014, 12:34 AM

Small correction. Combat Carl actually does appear in the first movie as a mutilated toy, so he's not completely new.

I didn't realize this came with the three shorts in addition to the short feature. That makes me want to buy it much sooner.
Old 08-26-2014, 04:04 AM

I agree. $13 is very reasonable with all the special features included (even audio commentaries on the previously released shorts!).

I'm going to wait a little while, because a European disc may be announced. 'Halloween' is a tradition in the USA, and every year, merchants and salesmen have been gradually increasing and ramping up the amount of Halloween decorations over here. All to make a quick buck, of course, for most people in Belgium had never heard of the holiday until the John Carpenter movie came out. But the way Halloween is played out now in shops, combined with Pixar's popularity, I can definitely see this coming to our shores.

I might wait for 'our' domestic disc, with Dutch subtitles - always nice to share with little kids. If not, I will most certainly buy the American edition. Love me some Toy Story.
Old 08-26-2014, 02:13 PM

It's amazing what American marketers can do.

Halloween has become almost as big as Christmas. Perhaps more Americans
celebrate Cinco de Mayo then Mexicans. I think there's a Mexican phrase
calling it Gringo de Mayo.

Is consumer sales and marketing America's best achievement?