'The Walking Dead: The Complete Fourth Season' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 08-21-2014, 11:52 AM

Default 'The Walking Dead: The Complete Fourth Season' - High-Def Digest Review

Bryan has reviewed 'The Walking Dead: The Complete Fourth Season'. He says this is the best season of the series yet. The video and audio presentations on this Blu-ray are both demo worthy and pack a powerful punch. This is a must own release.

Full review here:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/1015...g_dead_s4.html
Old 08-24-2014, 11:51 PM

It would be useful to know about special editions available at certain stores. Target claims to have a steelbook but online only? That's odd. Best Buy has a lenticular slipcase, but at least it's the same price as the regular edition. I'd prefer the steelcase but not as an online purchase since it most likely would arrive with dents.

update: Steelcase is stocked at Target and for only $29.99.

update 2: Walmart has the key version for $50 and a non-key version for $5 less. I guess they aren't planning on selling very many. Maybe the price will go down there later.

It's a nice looking key with correctional facility engraved on it. I kind of wonder if made in China is engraved on it somewhere. That would pretty much ruin it if so.

Last edited by cupboy; 08-26-2014 at 03:58 PM.
Old 08-29-2014, 05:13 PM

I'm also interested in the various versions.

The image Wal-Mart used for the "Prison Key" edition looks very similar to the Special Edition Digibook that comes with the statue.

I'm a total fan of these digibooks, but this time, I don't really want to get the statue. So, if I can get it somewhere else without having to pay premium for the statue, I'm all for it.

Anyone confirming if Wal-Mart (or any other retailer) is carrying the same digibook as the special edition boxset (sans the be statue) would be greatly appreciated!
Old 08-29-2014, 06:04 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

All the Walmart Prison-key versions at my local store are all destroyed with overtightened spider wraps.
So, if you want one, order it via .com, even a site2store option.
Old 08-30-2014, 05:20 PM

But were they the Special Edition's Digibook? Or the same plain BR editions that are available anywhere else (with just the key added to the package)?
Old 08-30-2014, 08:20 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arturo Lugo View Post
But were they the Special Edition's Digibook? Or the same plain BR editions that are available anywhere else (with just the key added to the package)?
The prison key package is unique so to me the package is damaged. Think of a package such as Game of Thrones except it has a window with the key in it.
Old 08-31-2014, 05:56 AM

I'm really beyond annoyed with special exclusive packaging. I ordered the regular from Amazon, I'm happy.
Old 09-02-2014, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krawk View Post
All the Walmart Prison-key versions at my local store are all destroyed with overtightened spider wraps.
So, if you want one, order it via .com, even a site2store option.
No spider wraps at the store I was at but I found the extra $20 for the key to be a bit too much so I went with the steelcase at Target for $29.99 and 5% off with the target card.

Other than the key how is that set packaged? In a standard Blu-ray case and with a slipcase?

I was at a small store today that had a price sticker of $79.99 on the standard edition with slipcase.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arturo Lugo View Post
I'm a total fan of these digibooks, but this time, I don't really want to get the statue. So, if I can get it somewhere else without having to pay premium for the statue, I'm all for it.
Sometimes special editions go up in value. I sold my season 2 zombie head edition for $235 (minus fees) just a few days ago.
Old 09-02-2014, 11:02 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupboy View Post
No spider wraps at the store I was at but I found the extra $20 for the key to be a bit too much so I went with the steelcase at Target for $29.99 and 5% off with the target card.
I had seen a $5 premium but oh well, whatever.
Old 09-08-2014, 07:22 PM

UV Code to any one that wants it

AWD5 N5SZ EH0K 7QG6