'Batman: 25th Anniversary Edition' is up for preorder - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 08-18-2014, 02:17 PM

Default 'Batman: 25th Anniversary Edition' is up for preorder

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/1343...ryedition.html
Old 08-18-2014, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landy View Post
I almost bought this as a Steelbook, and almost bought it in a multi-movie pack...I'll be glad I held off, depending on what this 25th Anniversary Edition turns out like.
Old 08-18-2014, 02:36 PM

It's been 25 years yikes! Feeling old!!!

little history, which I also added in that Summer memory thread.

When this movie came out I was 15 working in a 14 cinema theater near my hometown. Before the movie was shown in theaters they "delivered" the reels of film to the theater. Luckily I was working that day and got to carry the reels of this movie which would obviously be used in the film projectors.

This movie is still great even today IMO.
Old 08-18-2014, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston007 View Post
It's been 25 years yikes! Feeling old!!!

little history, which I also added in that Summer memory thread.

When this movie came out I was 15 working in a 14 cinema theater near my hometown. Before the movie was shown in theaters they "delivered" the reels of film to the theater. Luckily I was working that day and got to carry the reels of this movie which would obviously be used in the film projectors.

This movie is still great even today IMO.
I love this movie and it's sequel. Also can't believe it's been 25 years. My dad rarely went to the movies but I talked him into taking me for this. He hated it, not the movie, but with how crowded it was. I loved every second of it.

I ended up getting all 4 (yes even Batman and Robin) on steelbook so this will be a pass unless there is a drastically better PQ and AQ.
Old 08-18-2014, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejnc View Post
I ended up getting all 4 (yes even Batman and Robin) on steelbook so this will be a pass unless there is a drastically better PQ and AQ.
This will almost certainly be the same Blu-ray as before. All of these "Luxe" editions from Warner are just an excuse to reissue old discs in the fancy new "Neo" packaging.
Old 08-18-2014, 07:37 PM

I bought the Digibook from a few years ago, so I see no reason to get another repackage of it.
Old 08-18-2014, 08:12 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Was it this movie that was very heavy with Prince music ? Or some based on the movie at least?
Old 08-18-2014, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejnc View Post
I love this movie and it's sequel. Also can't believe it's been 25 years. My dad rarely went to the movies but I talked him into taking me for this. He hated it, not the movie, but with how crowded it was. I loved every second of it.

I was FIRST in line for the Sat matinee opening weekend. I believe my ticket stub number was #1 and I may still have it somewhere. Major nostalgia for me. This was a HUGE deal when this movie came out.
Old 08-19-2014, 12:26 AM

This is a childhood staple for sure, but Nolan's Batman films have pretty much ruined these movies lol. The Prince music certainly does not help, it's mixed in REALLY loud. I've a regular keep case of this and Returns and I'm content with that.

This is a bit from a little argument Kevin Smith and Tim Burton had in the media when Smith jokingly insisted Burton stole his Planet of the Apes ending from a Jay & Silentbob comic book.

"Burton: Of course I didn't steel his ending, I've never even read a comic book.
Smith: Which to me explains fuckin' Batman."
Old 08-19-2014, 01:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plissken99 View Post
This is a childhood staple for sure, but Nolan's Batman films have pretty much ruined these movies lol.
Batman Returns makes me feel so much yummier than the Nolan movies.