Kino Blu Ray Nostalghia sound issue - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 08-15-2014, 04:43 AM

Default Kino Blu Ray Nostalghia sound issue

Hello,

I'm hoping I might get an answer here as I can't find any reference or similar issue on the web?

I have just bought Tarkovsky's Nostalghia on BluRay Region A, but I'm in the UK. I'm finding the audio is just aweful- like it's coming through a tunnel. It's LPCM 2.0. I also have the Artificial Eye DVD of the film and it's very good. I'm wondering if its something to do with the LPCM bitrate or sampling not suited to UK? Driving me bonkers here.

Thanks if anyone came help shed some light.
Old 08-16-2014, 06:09 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Are you referring to the version reviewed here ?:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/10249/nostalghia.html

The reviewer does not indicate any audio issues.
There may very well be a "sync" issue going on causing this but there should not be with a Blu Ray. Have you tried telling your player to downconvert to Dolby Digital just to see if the problem still persists?

Comparing a dvd (60hz<>50hz) video and syncing the audio I could see a potential issue unless the player does its conversion correctly.
Old 08-20-2014, 06:25 AM

Hello,

sorry for late reply. Yes, that is the version on Blu Ray I have. I convert and stream though. But checking the source audio before converting has the same issue so my conversion isn't causing the trouble. But I'll consider the frame rate as you suggested and experiment in the conversion that way. Thank you