'Muppets Most Wanted' -- High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-13-2014, 03:02 PM
Landy's Avatar
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 13,897
Default 'Muppets Most Wanted' -- High-Def Digest Review

Aaron has reviewed 'Muppets Most Wanted.' He says it's not quite as good as 'The Muppets', but as far as sequels go it's still pretty darn entertaining.

Full review here:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/1228...ededition.html
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-13-2014, 03:56 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 19
Default

IMO on a brand new theatrical release anything less than lossless audio should be no higher than a 2 star.....and that's even pushing it. I get it on something like a WWE disc where half the content wasn't a great HD master anyway. But when catalog titles and TV shows like Twin Peaks get lossless and a brand new release gets lossy....that's a load.

That said this seems to be on par for Disney anymore. Here's hoping this isn't the new norm for them like screwing the US buyers over on 3D seems to be.

This is the 2nd blind buy in as many weeks Disney is losing from me no 3D for Need for Speed and no lossless on this. Good job Disney
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-13-2014, 03:59 PM
twonunpackmule's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 32,863
Default

I actually preferred this to The Muppets. I liked the plot better. Also, it had a really funny Danny Trejo joke that was quite subtle but funny.
__________________
PSN/Live - Twonunpackmule
3DS - 0817 - 4464 - 1180

Any game that features paid loot boxes should be rated AO.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-13-2014, 04:03 PM
NJScorpio's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 2,213
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by twonunpackmule View Post
I actually preferred this to The Muppets. I liked the plot better. Also, it had a really funny Danny Trejo joke that was quite subtle but funny.
Hmm, now you've got my interest.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-13-2014, 04:07 PM
twonunpackmule's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 32,863
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJScorpio View Post
Hmm, now you've got my interest.
I consider this a remake to Great Muppet Caper. It covers a lot of similar ground, but updates it enough to feel fresh. I just like the vibes. I do agree with the review that it gets a little long. Could have trimmed the second act a bit, and sped up the third. However, it's still enjoyable.

I really liked these last two Muppet flicks.
__________________
PSN/Live - Twonunpackmule
3DS - 0817 - 4464 - 1180

Any game that features paid loot boxes should be rated AO.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-13-2014, 04:27 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 121
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VXXXJesterXXXV View Post
IMO on a brand new theatrical release anything less than lossless audio should be no higher than a 2 star.....and that's even pushing it. I get it on something like a WWE disc where half the content wasn't a great HD master anyway. But when catalog titles and TV shows like Twin Peaks get lossless and a brand new release gets lossy....that's a load.

That said this seems to be on par for Disney anymore. Here's hoping this isn't the new norm for them like screwing the US buyers over on 3D seems to be.

This is the 2nd blind buy in as many weeks Disney is losing from me no 3D for Need for Speed and no lossless on this. Good job Disney
Why does Disney keep finding new ways to downgrade their blu-rays, and shit on the consumer?!?!?!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-13-2014, 04:28 PM
NJScorpio's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 2,213
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew18 View Post
Why does Disney keep finding new ways to downgrade their blu-rays, and shit on the consumer?!?!?!
There must be a reason. Could they be squeezing more room in for trailers and ads?
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 08-13-2014, 04:48 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 121
Default

It doesn't matter what the reason is. It's horse-shit! No 3D for almost all of their new releases, and now it appears that they're going to slowly start excluding lossless audio! Un-effing-believable!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 08-13-2014, 05:21 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 172
Default

This movie suuuuuuuuuuuuucked. Was gutted after leaving the movie as I loved the first one.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 08-13-2014, 11:38 PM
Zombie Kermit's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 180
Default

The Australian release doesn't seem to have the extended version, so I may have to import.

The failure of this movie bummed me out. It's disheartening to thing that Transformers 4 outgrossed it in like two days.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
'Muppets Most Wanted' is coming August 12 Landy Blu-ray Software General Discussion 5 08-08-2014 09:35 PM
'The Muppets' - High-Def Digest Review Attebery Blu-ray Software General Discussion 26 01-01-2013 11:03 PM
'Muppets From Space' - High-Def Digest Review Attebery Blu-ray Software General Discussion 4 08-19-2011 03:29 AM
'The Muppets Take Manhattan' - High-Def Digest Review Attebery Blu-ray Software General Discussion 9 08-10-2011 10:02 AM
'Muppets From Space' & 'The Muppets Take Manhattan' are coming August 16 Landy Blu-ray Software General Discussion 8 06-10-2011 11:42 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off