'A Haunted House 2' -- High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 08-07-2014, 07:52 PM

Default 'A Haunted House 2' -- High-Def Digest Review

E has reviewed 'A Haunted House 2'. He says this is a dreadful sequel to an already god-awful movie, and it shockingly seems to want to be worse.

Full review here:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/1230...tedhouse2.html
Old 08-07-2014, 09:21 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Wow, 1/2 a star better than Birdemic - That's quite a feat! To summarize the entire movie in one short paragraph and then use four paragraphs stating what crap it is-probably spot on.
E I feel for you for being stuck with this review. Can I assume you did not know what you walked into when the assignments were handed out (or if you raised your hand and volunteered.)
Should I assume this is the Marlon Wayans' latest venture now that Scream pt. 48 (or whatever the last one was) bombed. There are still suckers out there that have to see everything Marlon does regardless of quality so as you state, this low budget story made money so it encourages more sequels. Thanks suckers.

Re: PQ & AQ - To steal a quote from Buford T. Justice, No matter how much you polish a turd, it's still a turd. What a fantastic way to show off 4K cameras. So we can assume it was "mastered in 4K" - w00t w00t.

So as to avoid this fodder, can someone (E?) explain what's with the chicken on the counter or the room full of butterflies? It sounds like I should not see the movie to quell my curiosity as I would regret it deeply. The chicken looks like a Santeria scene.
Old 08-08-2014, 12:19 AM

i was stuck covering it because i also worked on the previous movie. Yes, it's a santeria scene and the other is a reference to The Possession.
Unfollow me at twitter: @MEnoisDuarte

Movies are so rarely great art that if we cannot appreciate great trash
we have very little reason to be interested in them.

~ Pauline Kael
Old 08-08-2014, 12:17 PM

Well what can I say, I guess I ended up in the bottom of the barrel with this, because I found it pretty funny. Mind you I hated the first film and thought it was horrible, but for some reason I thought quite a bit of this was funny. I felt it was a little more like his Scary Movies this time around. But hey, I certainly cant speak for anyone else here, comedy like this is really hit or miss and I figured it would miss big time after I found the first one so bad to watch.
Old 08-08-2014, 03:12 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

I find it odd that most of the sites that listed this movie as coming 8/12 did so at the last minute. Was the studio deciding whether or not to list it? Then decided oh, let's list it for a release 2 weeks from now.