'Appleseed Alpha' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 07-22-2014, 11:48 AM

Default 'Appleseed Alpha' - High-Def Digest Review

Bryan has reviewed 'Appleseed Alpha'. Check it out!

Full review here:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/1227...seedalpha.html
Old 07-22-2014, 09:39 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Lol, basic Japanime formula, not that I'm complaining.
Either a mech based story or a school girl story, or both, and a big USA cowboy attitude (yipee kayay) and all.
Wow - as Bryan has said, animation and technology have come quite a ways since the early Appleseed days.
Old 08-05-2014, 03:22 AM

Recently blind bought based off of my enjoyment with previous Appleseed anime and cgi, Ex Machina in particular is a favorite of mine. Alpha's story gets the job done but what I was mainly looking for was some eye and ear candy, got mine and then some. The CGI on display looks superb - art direction, animation, colors and overall detail looked top notch, but the transfer does have its share of terrible aliasing problems. As if a midrange gpu was used and did not have enough juice to render some scenes with antialiasing. The contrast and banding weren't as bothersome. The audio is where it's at, it's a top tier mix. Lows, highs, and everything in between comes through loud, crisp and crystal clear. It's grand. I listened to it in English (which I presume is the native language for this one?), it sounded fine over my system and did not notice any lip syncing issues.