Warner Announces Diamond Luxe Editions (September 30) - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 06-20-2014, 01:16 PM

Default Warner Announces Diamond Luxe Editions (September 30)

Ben-Hur
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/12605/benhur_dle.html

Forrest Gump
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/1260...stgumpdle.html

The Green Mile
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/12601/greenmiledle.html

Gremlins
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/12604/gremlinsdle.html

Natural Born Killers
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/1260...illersdle.html
Old 06-20-2014, 01:21 PM

"Hey guys, we need to come up with a name for these remasters that makes customers think these rereleases are extra special."

"How about 'Diamond' Editions. That works for Disney!"

"No....better than daimonds."

"What's better that diamonds?"

"Luxurious diamonds!"
Old 06-20-2014, 07:14 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Come to think of it, maybe in re-releasing Paramount catalog titles, Sapphire already got a bad nickname, Crapphire.

Forrest Gump, probably same discs as were used for Paramount's "Sapphire" editions.

Still wondering why so much effort is being used on existing titles rather than expanding the library a bit ?
Old 06-20-2014, 07:33 PM

Maybe Dragonslayer can get the Luxe treatment? That'd be pretty cool.
Old 06-20-2014, 09:08 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

They're touting this new series has having "sleek premium Blu-ray packaging" - Looks flimsy to me but having not held one, I may be wrong.
Old 06-20-2014, 09:34 PM

So what exactly are these? Just simple re-releases? Will they have re-mastered video and audio? I see a few of them have new special features. I'd be interested in getting the Gremlins copy if the PQ has been improved.
Old 06-21-2014, 12:19 AM

This is so stupid. They should be focusing their efforts on getting some of those unreleased gems out of their vaults instead of feeding the packaging industry. Are these to replace the digibooks?
Old 06-21-2014, 02:22 AM

So what makes this version of Green Mile superior to the digibook one I already own?

Wait, I did nto realize Forest Gump was WB. You would think they would have put that one in a digibook.

Anyway, why are they doing these when there are a TON of Bogart movies needed to be released?
Old 06-21-2014, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
So what makes this version of Green Mile superior to the digibook one I already own?

Wait, I did nto realize Forest Gump was WB. You would think they would have put that one in a digibook.
Forrest Gump was originally released by Paramount. Warner Bros. handles Paramount's catalog releases now from what I understand (don't know if they actually own their library of movies or if they're just simply releasing them under the WB logo now).

I have a few Paramount releases I bought a few months ago (Collateral and Gladiator to name two), and both of those have a new UPC sticker over the original UPC label and on it it says "released by Warner Bros." or something like that. Other than that, it's still the original Paramount disc and packaging. My copy of The Talented Mr. Ripley on the other hand has the WB logo on the packaging itself and on the disc.
Old 06-21-2014, 11:20 AM

Does this mean it is save to finally buy Gladiator if it has WB on the cover?