any word on pathfinder blu ray release date? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 07-31-2007, 06:41 PM

Default any word on pathfinder blu ray release date?

Why would Fox choose not to release pathfinder on blu ray?? Do they still want people to double dip?!?!?!?!
Old 07-31-2007, 07:03 PM

i actually was looking at this and wondering the same thing. i bet this would look sick on blu ray
Old 08-01-2007, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIHB View Post
i actually was looking at this and wondering the same thing. i bet this would look sick on blu ray
How was the movie, in general? I am tempted to buy it on sd dvd for now if it is any good.
Old 08-01-2007, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIHB View Post
i bet this would look sick on blu ray
I don't know, I (unfortunately) saw this in theatres and it looked awful. Not just the quality of it - grainy as all hell and I usually like grain but this looked like it was beyond director/producer intention and was a result of cheap film stock and processing - but the cinematography was horrid. I've never seen the beautiful forest wilderness of Canada look so drab and ugly.

It'd be nice if it got a BD release, just don't expect it to be anywhere near reference PQ.
Old 08-01-2007, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by taygan315 View Post
How was the movie, in general? I am tempted to buy it on sd dvd for now if it is any good.
Don't bother. I'm usually very generous when it comes to accepting movies, but I was almost tempted to walk out on this one and that is something I have never done.

But, the DVD is an unrated edition (which probably only means they added 40 seconds to some fight scenes) so it might be slightly better. But, I'd at least rent this one first. I warn anyone who is thinking about blind buying this title.
Old 08-03-2007, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LembasBread View Post
Don't bother. I'm usually very generous when it comes to accepting movies, but I was almost tempted to walk out on this one and that is something I have never done.

But, the DVD is an unrated edition (which probably only means they added 40 seconds to some fight scenes) so it might be slightly better. But, I'd at least rent this one first. I warn anyone who is thinking about blind buying this title.
Thanks for the heads up on this flick. Preciate it.
Old 08-03-2007, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by taygan315 View Post
This movie was really lousy, I was actually the only one in a company of three that watched until the end! This is the worst movie I have watched so far in 2007...
Old 08-03-2007, 08:50 AM

It reminds me of the speed of an old Clint Eastwood Western. Not much dialog, not super fast paced like action movies.

But, that being said...I actually enjoyed it quite a bit.