'Son of God' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-16-2014, 12:25 PM
Attebery's Avatar
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 9,716
Default 'Son of God' - High-Def Digest Review

Luke has reviewed 'Son of God'. Here's what he thought.

Full review here:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/12030/sonofgod.html
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-16-2014, 02:41 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 3,004
Default

Spoiler
What?! HDD editors, the Utah guy had to review this huh? Just couldn't risk
a free-thinking/free-living Northeastern sinner (I mean reviewer) or Lost
Angelo (I mean Los Angeles) Hollywood reviewer (I mean sinner), reviewing
this film. Can't risk that.

Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-16-2014, 03:38 PM
EvilResident's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 943
Default

Spoiler
Quote:
Originally Posted by timcharger View Post
What?! HDD editors, the Utah guy had to review this huh? Just couldn't risk
a free-thinking/free-living Northeastern sinner (I mean reviewer) or Lost
Angelo (I mean Los Angeles) Hollywood reviewer (I mean sinner), reviewing
this film. Can't risk that.


Dude give it a rest. Your comments are offensive even to me, and I'm atheist as hell. You seem inordinately angry. Why not just leave these threads to people who care?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-16-2014, 06:25 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 3,004
Default

Sorry, didn't mean to offend you.

And if it's offensive because I'm REPEATING BACK what is being said by
some people in religious authority, said in a dead serious way (me
repeating it in humorous way [admittedly not funny to you]), please
consider that the offense is really from the source of the hate, and not
from my satire.

-----

You can believe what you want, but I really did picture an HDD editorial
decision/discussion that the Son of God review be assigned to Luke
Hickman. For good reason. Not to name any names of other HDD
reviewers that might be... be... more polarizing.

And I found that sensible decision making, funny to me.

-----

By the way, I enjoyed reading Luke's review. It was informative and
make sensible arguments about the film.

-----

And I rather have comments like these:

"I'm curious for what heathens will say in their blasphemous review.
Any rating other than Must Own is obviously sacrilegious. Perhaps,
the reviewers dare not risk eternal damnation."

Come from sarcasm than from someone who actually means it.

And you know, there are people who mean that dead seriously.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-16-2014, 08:11 PM
ShannonNutt's Avatar
HDD Reviewer/Blogger
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 651
Default

Luke can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that this one was thrown up for volunteers and none of us other heathens here at HDD wanted to touch it.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-16-2014, 10:16 PM
Krawk's Avatar
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 13,878
Default

Would you give an action movie to someone that strictly likes chick flicks or a ballet to a macho guy to review? There has to be some connection. I myself would *NOT* want to review a religious movie, and I am sure EvilResident wouldn't either.
__________________
Keep Physical Media Alive, Just say NO to digital "ownership"
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-16-2014, 10:50 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 3,004
Default

The highly religious surely must like how this is phrased:

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilResident View Post
I'm atheist as hell.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-16-2014, 10:59 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 3,004
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by timcharger View Post
I really did picture an HDD editorial
decision/discussion that the Son of God review be assigned to Luke
Hickman. For good reason. Not to name any names of other HDD
reviewers that might be... be... more polarizing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krawk View Post
Would you give an action movie to someone that strictly likes chick flicks or a ballet to a macho guy to review? There has to be some connection.
I'm with ya.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 06-16-2014, 11:20 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 3,004
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShannonNutt View Post
Luke can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that this one was thrown up for volunteers and none of us other heathens here at HDD wanted to touch it.
Looks like the review ended up in the right hands anyway. He works in mysterious ways.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 06-17-2014, 01:18 AM
EvilResident's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 943
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by timcharger View Post
The highly religious surely must like how this is phrased:



Oh I am not completely humorless. offended may have been the wrong word, but truly, you must have a better use for your time.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
'Son of God' is coming June 3 scohen Blu-ray Software General Discussion 13 06-16-2014 02:35 PM
'The Son of No One' - High-Def Digest Review Attebery Blu-ray Software General Discussion 0 02-06-2012 06:01 PM
'Big Mommas: Like Father, Like Son' - High-Def Digest Review Attebery Blu-ray Software General Discussion 10 07-02-2011 12:02 PM
First trailer for My Son, My Son, What Have Ye Done BostonMA Film Forum 2 08-19-2009 02:55 PM
'My Favorite Brunette/Son of Paleface' - High-Def Digest Review Attebery HD DVD Software General Discussion 1 04-16-2008 03:52 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off