The Killer Elite

Under Fire

Audrey Rose

Man Hunt

The Believers

The Blob (1988)
Old 06-16-2014, 11:10 AM

the 80s remake of "The Blob"?

Sweet ass, love that movie, of course is it even worth picking this version up at all? I guess it would be better than the DVD version I currently have right?
Old 06-16-2014, 11:35 AM

5,000 copies of The Blob will be available, as opposed to the usual 3,000. Twilight Time has licensed extra due to complaints about horror titles selling out so quickly.

I predict it will sell 3,001 copies.
Old 06-16-2014, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Z View Post
5,000 copies of The Blob will be available, as opposed to the usual 3,000. Twilight Time has licensed extra due to complaints about horror titles selling out so quickly.

Hey thats fine by me, that means I can get one, I've never really followed any of their releases and some just boggle the mind that they even get released by them and NOT by a major studio (Christine? Really, why didnt that just get a proper release?) but I love the remake of this one and its a must own IMO, so gonna keep an eye out for a pre-order
Old 06-16-2014, 10:25 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Of *course* The Blob will be released now, just a week or so ago I broke the seal and watched the dvd

You all might laugh at my luck, but every time I do something like import a movie or, in this case, open the dvd that's been collecting dust, a domestic blu announcement arrives.

So, just went to their site and looked for it, it is not there. Do they have set dates for preorders?
Old 06-17-2014, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krawk View Post
Of *course* The Blob will be released now, just a week or so ago I broke the seal and watched the dvd

You all might laugh at my luck, but every time I do something like import a movie or, in this case, open the dvd that's been collecting dust, a domestic blu announcement arrives.

So, just went to their site and looked for it, it is not there. Do they have set dates for preorders?
I did some looking yesterday and it looks like nothing has been announced yet for dates, at least when it comes to pre-orders
Old 06-17-2014, 09:24 AM

"Twilight Time regrets to announce that our planned August 12th release of the Jerome Kern classic musical CENTENNIAL SUMMER on blu-ray has been indefinitely postponed. This is due to ongoing and unresolved rights issues that prevent the film from being made available to home video at this time. It is hoped that one day in the not too distant future this situation will be rectified, but in the meantime we will adjust and revise our schedule accordingly. Along with many of you we are disappointed that the wait for this long out-of-print film will continue for that bit longer...."
Old 06-17-2014, 11:34 AM

Quote:

When Criterion announces their future releases, it's rapturous. When Twilight Time does, I feel a voice cry forth - "Oh crap, Twilight Time has the rights to THAT?"
Old 06-17-2014, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krawk View Post
The Screen Archives site kind of sucks and I've never been able to figure out why they delay opening preorders without explanation.
Old 06-17-2014, 12:30 PM

Quote:
I've never been able to figure out why they delay opening pre-orders without explanation.
I've tried to ask the moderator of their Facebook page about this and gotten almost uncooperative responses. They say they announce the pre-order dates when they post the cover art on their Facebook page, but it's practically hidden somewhere deep in the comments.

Their site is a mess. One example, the Woody Allen movies in which he starred don't show up if you click on his name under director. Half the time the search results only deliver soundtrack results. I think Twilight Time could actually be a terrific company if they'd get their online presence sorted out.