POSEIDON ADVENTURE audio glitch? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 06-15-2014, 07:51 PM

Default POSEIDON ADVENTURE audio glitch?

Anyone else experiencing this? I just went to watch my Blu-ray of THE POSEIDON ADVENTURE and realized that the English language track (4.0) is about half the volume of all the other languages. I cranked my receiver up to full blast and it's listenable, but hardly loud. Tried all the other tracks and they are great (just not in English). Tried other Blu-rays and volume is fine on all except POSEIDON.

There is even a moment when Leslie Nielsen is speaking in the beginning when his lips move but no words come out. Glitch?

Anyone know if this was a pressing issue?

Thanks in advance.
Old 06-16-2014, 10:38 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

I was looking to see if we've reviewed it here, and we have not.
Is your player or receiver doing the decoding of the DTS HD track?

If it were a pressing issue it would either work or not work as it is a digital medium. Mastered wrong though, perhaps someone else on here owns this disc and can help answer this.
Old 06-17-2014, 07:57 PM

Both receiver and Blu-ray machine have decoders. All other Blu-rays work perfectly. And like I said, all the other language tracks on disc (and there are quite a few) work perfectly. At least volume-wise. I could try and contact Fox. Anyone have a contact number or email?