'Team America: World Police (UK Import)' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 06-13-2014, 11:39 AM

Default 'Team America: World Police (UK Import)' - High-Def Digest Review

Josh has reviewed 'Team America: World Police (UK Import)'. Is this Blu-ray worth importing? Read his review for all the details!

Full review here:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/1251...merica_uk.html
Old 06-13-2014, 12:28 PM

I think they described the Matt Damon joke spawning simply out of his sculpt looking really, really bad. That it looked like he had physical disabilities. Nothing more scandalous than losing a coin toss.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blx_S8h49EQ

Any game that features paid loot boxes should be rated AO.
Old 06-13-2014, 01:01 PM

Wow, it's been a long time since I've read a Zyber disc review while sipping my coffee. Always a pleasure.

However...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyber review
As much as I'd like to hold out hope for a superior remaster and Special Edition in the future, I tend to doubt that Paramount would exert any special effort for a catalog title like this. Most likely, any eventual domestic Blu-ray will be a direct copy of this UK disc. It's not perfect, but it'll do.
I disagree here. History proves otherwise. Nearly all of Paramount's barebones Euro releases (Marathon Man, Funny Face, etc.) have had previous DVD supplements reintroduced on their domestic Blu-ray disc. Some films, like Sabrina, were newly remastered for US BD debut.
Old 06-13-2014, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super-VHS View Post
I disagree here. History proves otherwise. Nearly all of Paramount's barebones Euro releases (Marathon Man, Funny Face, etc.) have had previous DVD supplements reintroduced on their domestic Blu-ray disc. Some films, like Sabrina, were newly remastered for US BD debut.
Fingers crossed that this turns out to be the case. In the meantime, unfortunately, they haven't even hinted that they might want to release this movie here.
Old 06-13-2014, 01:45 PM

Man, I might have to get that Steelbook. Nice review. And I think the pooping in the DC was lame.
Old 06-13-2014, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twonunpackmule View Post
I think they described the Matt Damon joke spawning simply out of his sculpt looking really, really bad. That it looked like he had physical disabilities.
Yep. Matt Stone in 2005:
"When we looked at the plans for his head he looked good, but when we came out of the oven he just looked retarded. I think it was well thought out. Honestly, I think Matt Damon is one of the better actors around. I think he's a pretty great actor. He's pretty talented. And for no real reason, he is retarded in this movie."
FYI, Matt Damon is on record saying he thinks his Team America caricature is brilliant.
Old 06-13-2014, 02:02 PM

I gotta try this one again. When we first rented it, my wife, friend, and I laughed so hard and loud that we had to constantly rewind cause we were missing stuff. Then, I went over to a friend's house a few weeks later and they put it in. Wasn't nearly as funny 2nd time around. But it's been years, so I will try again. Probably wait till this gets cheap, though.

BAKA-LAKA-LAKA-LAKA!!!!
Old 06-13-2014, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinnyb37 View Post
Probably wait till this gets cheap, though.
The import is pretty cheap right now. Amazon UK deducts VAT off the listed price for international orders. I just went through the checkout process up to the point of confirming the order. With overseas shipping included, the total is $16.81 USD.
Old 06-13-2014, 04:12 PM

I always preferred the R-rated cut. While I don't have a problem with the extended sex scene, and think it might be funny on its own, it kind of kills the rest of the movie. I feel like the movie relies on being slightly more shocking as it progresses, and this puts the most visually shocking thing earlier in the film, making nothing that comes after it a surprise.

I haven't seen this in a few years, and would like to re-watch it to see I find it any more offensive now. I've definitely become more aware of my privileges, and the struggles of others, as well as how language that didn't bother me once can be hurtful to others regardless of intention. I always feel like Trey and Matt come from the right place in their heart, but they are two straight white guys that aren't exactly living in poverty, which blinds them to a few things.

Was one of my favorite films ever a few years ago, but I'll give it another shot on DVD before buying the Blu.
Old 06-13-2014, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Z View Post
Fingers crossed that this turns out to be the case. In the meantime, unfortunately, they haven't even hinted that they might want to release this movie here.
crazy that the UK got Team America before America...